+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mums of 1-2 year olds... Dolls and Baby Born

Mums of 1-2 year old boys and girls do your little ones like dolls? If so which one do they have?
    I'm looking for a recommendation or reviews
    Partially on the Baby Borns.

My daughter is 1&1/2 and loves dolls which she calls "baby's"
    She just has soft ones, the other day we were at my sisters house and her little girl who is 2 had a Baby born.
    My daughter was in love with it and fascinated over the fact this doll can "poo" and loved that this doll had a dummy that would be put in its mouth.. I'm not to sure what it was about this doll but she loved it.

I went to the shops and just thought I would buy her a cheap plastic doll to see how she went.
    She loves it.. But when she took it in the bath with her water is now stuck in the doll, and little bits of mould are starting to form, even after me putting it out in the sun to dry it out.

She doesn't have many toys, just blocks and a sand pit ect.
    she spends most of her time in the garden with me.
    So I don't mind buying a doll that's more $$$ for her to take every where.

I went to the shops and the Baby born say 3+ years, I'm guessing this is just because of the small accessories that come with it?
    Also can she take the Baby Born in the bath with her with her?
    Because she likes to take everything in the garden with her it has to be able to go in water to be washed off ect.

The only other thing I noticed was the clothes for this doll are more expensive than normal baby clothes
    Please tell me 00000 or 0000 fit on these dolls?

Sorry for all the questions.
    Just don't want to spend $60+ on a doll that won't last.

Even if someone can recommend a different kind of doll would be good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the problem of water getting stuck in dolls. We bought a cheapish one that was specifically a "bath with me" kinda dolly. Don't remember the brand (sorry) as it was a while ago, but most toy stores and even Kmart, Target etc would usually have one that is actually made for bath time. Might be a good bet if it is going to get wet a lot.
    Also - have you tried pulling the dolls head off? This doesn't sound good I know, but it may be that the water is stuck in there and most times you'll be able to put it right back on... if not, well there's mould anyway so you'd probably be getting rid of dolly soon?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (09-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't try pulling Dolly's head off, I ended up just binning it because of the mould factor.

My sister lent us the baby born and it has a plug at the back to drain water from.
    I'm sold! Lol

Will look at buying one sometime this week.
    Dolls are the only thing dd will play with other than being in the garden.
    Her dolls go everywhere with her so it will be good to have one that doesn't go moldy and the soft ones are forever being put in the wash

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah I had a baby born growing up ( still have it hahah) and I always took it in water they drain and yep mum use to buy me newborn sized nappies to put on it as BB brand were so expensive and 0000 or 00000 clothes fit too I did have a few BB outfits most were my old clothes tho haha !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD has/had two - a boy ('Baily') and a girl ('Sally') - they went swimming, had baths, got toilet trained the lot

The Pumkin Patch Teddy clothes fits the baby born doll, and DD had a couple of matching outfits for her and 'Sally'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter (15 months) has the baby born with the baby accessories like dummy, bottle, potty etc... I read in reviews that they can get a bit gross inside if you use the water and food so we haven't done that yet - she just pretends and still loves it.I have saved her dresses from a new born as they fit the doll and will give her these to play with when she understands a bit better... She's still a tad young to get dressing and stuff but really loves pretending to feed the baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my dd a baby born long before three but don't buy it for another month coz the toy sales are on! You will get it much cheaper. Yes five 0 clothes fit and u can get cheaper varieties. I also bought cheap nappies for it. My dd is nearly 4 and still plays with hers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2 year old girl who adores baby dolls at the moment. She prefers the soft body ones that she can give a nice cuddle. Baby born is the one she plays with the least and we have also had issues with mould.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 1 and 2 year old both have a collection of dolls, we're big fans of Waldorf dolls and I love the way they inspire imagination. They're handmade and soft bodied, so not bath time dolls, but they come everywhere else with us.