+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4 month sleep regression

I have just found out there is such a thing..

DD has been a terrible sleeper for the last few weeks, thought it was getting better but the last 3 nights have been really bad - waking every 1.5-2 hours and not settling when I try to put her back in her cot. I was getting up 2 or 3 times a night and a feed would last 10-15 mins, now it's 4 or 5 times a night and takes at least 30 mins sometimes an hour to feed and get her back down.

I'm trying to stretch out her day sleeps so I can catch up on sleep during the days.

Is anyone else experiencing this??? Any tips??

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your having a rough time. My DD is doin the same thing except during the day not at night. She used to have 40 mins naps now they are down to 20mins. She was always a tricky sleeper during the day.
    Not sure if that's what your looking for but hopefully it doesn't last too long for you.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my ds is 16 weeks tomorrow and he was sleeping 5 hours to start with at night, sometimes 6, but recently it has been just like you describe. I thought Ye was waking due to hunger but now I'm not certain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was hunger too but I don't think it is, it's just too often!

I've been trying to get day sleeps sorted and hoping the nights follow. Hope you get some more sleep soon!

Sent from my LT15i

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zzz For This Useful Post:

Luvmydogs  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me too!

Can I join in?

My four month old was the same, use to sleep 4 -6 hours in a stretch, now we wake a few times a night, she does eventually settle, but I have been asked by a few ladies if she is sleeping through yet and I sadly say no..........

I've tried changing her bedding; being warmer the too warm, then hungry then not..........

Any breakthroughs with any of you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They could be teething!
    Could be a growth spurt!
    Or if your baby has just learned the art of rolling over it could be excitement!
    Hope this helps

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm in the same boat. Started at around 14 weeks and still happening at 19. He wakes for a feed and acts like he has been starved! Goes back to sleep as soon as he has been fed though. Getting tiring getting up so much in the night. Almost feels like we are back in newborn territory

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little one has a cold, thought we were in for a rough night last night but she only woke up twice which is really good for her at the moment!

Apart from that night, no it's not any better yet. Usually she wakes up at least 3 times and doesn't settle again very easily whereas she used to just feed then drop straight off again. One night last week she woke at least 7 times, basically after 1 or 2 sleep cycles...

I've been feeding most times she wakes up as that's all that settles her, it's almost like she's cluster feeding throughout the night.

I know it's just a phase, just wish there was something I could do other than ride it out!

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm experiencing the same thing. My DS is 15 weeks and from what I read I think this is a wonder week period. Most last only about a week but this one apparently lasts about four weeks from around 15 weeks. If you google wonder weeks there's a great blog that someone has written about it but it's basically a development period and it throws off sleeping and for my DS eating as well. It's a nightmare getting up every two hours at night but hopefully it will pass soon. The good or possibly bad news is that it should end around 19 or 20 weeks and they should then sleep better. Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Check all the usual to hot to cold, wet dirty. I don't know how you are feeding but my girl has had to be bottle fed I just had no supply due to medical problems and couldn't take the drugs to help with supply , From experience and feed back given to myself. Make sure your bub is getting a full feed, not snacking but an actual full feed. ps I am not having a go at anyone but I chose never to demand feed. I make sure my daughter and she is a little bit older she is 5 months. And it is easier as I can see what amounts she is taking but I make sure she takes a full feed. The only times I may comprimise is after immunisations or wonder week. Your bub could be having a wonder week. I would suggest increase wake time during the day to 1 to 1 hour 45 and full feeds. The earliest I will go is no sooner than 2.5 hours in between feeds. but I would suggest feeding between 3 to 4 hours. You know your baby I am only making suggestions of what I have tried. Like I said I know what sort of feeds my girl has only because I have had to bottle feed so its easy for me to say I know she gets enough. And she sleeps and has been through the night from 13 weeks. Sorry. Every baby is different. Hope it works out for you, it really is trial and error sometimes. Sorry for my ramble
    If you breast feed, do you pump to know what your supply is like? Breast milk also burns quicker than formula which is probably why some nurses recommened demand feeding. But that leads to snacking. Anyway. Good luck all