+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best time of day to be induced? Has anyone had 2 pregnancies induced?

I will be getting induced and I need to make an appointment, but I don't know what time of day would be best...

With DS (11 years ago!), I was induced at 2.30pm, went home to wait, then went back to hospital at midnight and he was born at 10am the next morning... so I'm thinking an earlier appointment would be better...?

Also, Has anyone been induced more than once? Any tips? Was the second labour shorter or longer than your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have only been induced once I made an appointment for 6am, figured I would rather be in labour all day and hopefully be done and sleeping at night...she was born at 12:10pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was induced on both babies at night time.
    The first, I was given cervidil at 6:30pm,sent home and told to return at 8am the following morning.DS1 was born at 2:30pm
    This time,
    I was given the cervidil at 9pm and kept in over night for monitoring.
    DS2 was born at 9:30am
    I wasn't able to choose my induction times,but it worked out well for me because
    I only needed the cervidil to kick things off and they were out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been induced for both babies...
    My DS was induced in the morning as my waters were broken for 3 days and nothing had started.
    Dd I went in at 7pm and had the gel and they kept me in over night an then at 8an they took me to the birth suite to break waters and start the drip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was induced with both my babies. First was gel in the morning (about 9am) then my waters broke on their own at 1pm. Was 14hrs.

Second they broke my waters at 2:10pm - ds2 was born at 4:10pm lol active labour was 55mins.

Facing the possibility of a 3rd induction as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have also been induced for both my girls. With DD1 i was induced at 35 weeks for PE, was induced at 6pm & had her at 11am the next morning (horrible labour & 3rd degree tear)

With DD2, i was induced at 39 weeks at 6am & had her at 2pm, labour was a lot better. I think my first labour was harder/longer because i was still 5 weeks early & my body just wasn't as ready. I'm hoping to avoid induction this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 was agony. I was in labor for 39 hours all up. I had my water broken and gel at 3pm on day 2 after dilation stopped. Had him at 3am and i was so exhausted! felt like death warmed up and my body went into shock.

DS2 was induced 38weeks (they thought I was having a 10lb + bub) gel at 9am and 1pm waters broken at 6pm 3cm dilated and he was out at 7:11pm. Second was much more intense due to the speed but by far I preferred not having to have a sleepless night which made it easier to handle physically. If Im ever being induced again I'd opt for a early morning start.
    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, interesting topic!

I'm going in at 7pm in the evening to check dilation. If I'm dilating on my own I'll be going home then back in first thing to have my waters broken. If I'm not dilating, I'll be admitted and given gels overnight for early morning start. I'll be having my cervix checked at my appt tomorrow. Hopefully this will be a smooth labour! 2nd labour and will be 36 weeks, all being well and the twins don't decide to put in an early appearance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got the gel at 7pm on the wed night and they kept me in as i was already 2-3cm dilated. waters broke spontaneously at 4am on thurs morning. I refused the drip till 6pm thurs evening when doc insisted on antibiotics due to PROM and then gave in as I was over it... I was dilating but very slowly as bub was posterior. Epidural plus syntocin = 1.15am delivery fri morning via vacuum cos she got stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced at 1pm, I wasn't allowed to go home, (maybe because I was only 37 weeks?) - The induction failed and it ended up in a c/section.