+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Scared - watery discharge and pink/dark red blood at 11 weeks

Woke up half hour ago with a very slight tummy ache, thought I may as well go for a pee and when I sat down on the toilet noticed my underwear was very wet with some kind of discharge, then realized a liquid was dripping out of me into the toilet. I wiped and saw that it was mainly a watery substance with a pinky/dark red blood mixed in..hard to tell the actual colour of the blood coz it was so watery.

Needless to say I'm terrified something is wrong. Luckily we have an OB apt later this morning, but until then I'm freaking out. Anyone experience something similar? With a good outcome hopefully?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd suggest you see your OB asap, just in case. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just bright red blood now, like a light period. I've had a good cry and am preparing myself for the worst.

About to go camp out in front of my OBs office until it opens, hopefully he'll squeeze me in first thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    How scary for you jo7. I hope everything is fine and your baby is ok. Get to your obs as soon as it opens.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jo, just a quick one you'll hopefully see before you go in... I started bleeding at 5 weeks and bled till 15 weeks but bubs is all good, I'm now 17 weeks and he's bigger than my dates so the bleeding didn't affect him at all. They called it a threatened miscarriage at 5 weeks and finally saw the bleed on a scan at 12 weeks - was a subchirionic hematoma - basically a patch of the placenta hadn't attached properly to my uterus.
    Anyway, hope all goes well for you and you have a good result like I have despite the scary bleeding. Good luck!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Letoti For This Useful Post:

K n I  (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No advice sorry.
    But just wanted to offer some hugs.
    Fx everything is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think positive. I bled until 27 weeks including some really heavy bleeds. Hope everything is ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for ur thoughts and replies. My OB gave me a scan and bub is ok- size is perfect for dates and heartbeat is strong I am so relieved.

The bleeding was from a hematoma (angel- u were right!).. OB says the placenta is growing against the hematoma causing it to rupture and the blood needs to go somewhere, hence the bleed.. He's optimistic everything will be fine, said it was quite common?

Thanks again everyone.. I'm just gonna take it easy and hope bub stays strong and healthy in there!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

belzy  (08-05-2012),Bonkers  (08-05-2012),Lumpy Melon  (08-05-2012),Zombie_eyes  (08-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news!