+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wormed** I meant and one of ours is a fluffy half ragdoll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My doc said most cats have had toxoplasmosis too. But those that go outside/eat raw meat are at more risk.

Also, don't garden if there's any chance a cat could poo in the garden bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vicpark is right, and that Also reminds me that you should be careful gardening anyway as some types of soils fertilizers etc are obviously best avoided in pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once we got the bassinet set up it was game on for our kitty, with her exercising her claws on the ends of it in a part of it hidden by all the fluffy layers of cotton and getting told off for it and eventually locked out of the room.

As the part she's decided to scratch is hidden I'm going to go and get some thin aluminium sheet metal and put it at the point she has started scratching to stop her making more of a mess of it despite getting her claws cut regularly.

She knows something is up and on more than one occasion has been kicked off my wife's stomach by a well placed baby foot.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cats and pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by twoems View Post
    Once we got the bassinet set up it was game on for our kitty, with her exercising her claws on the ends of it in a part of it hidden by all the fluffy layers of cotton and getting told off for it and eventually locked out of the room.

As the part she's decided to scratch is hidden I'm going to go and get some thin aluminium sheet metal and put it at the point she has started scratching to stop her making more of a mess of it despite getting her claws cut regularly.

She knows something is up and on more than one occasion has been kicked off my wife's stomach by a well placed baby foot.
    Sounds like a charming cat lol

Ild listen to the pp as they all have great advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cats and pregnancy

A friend of mine is a vet nurse and said it is very rare that any inside cats carry this toxoplasmosis. More chance getting it from meat. Good thing im a vego.

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have two indoor cats and we have had them for 2 years, I scoop the poos if DH is not around and DH changes the litter not cos we are scared ill catch something just more because It makes me feel sick!

I have a 9 month old son and he turned out fine, I changed the litter when pregnant with him because DH would be at work and I hated the smell.