+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long did you use your ergo?

A wonderful friend of mine has loaned me her ergo as I wanted to try DS2 in it before I bought one.

He adores it, in fact he'll only settle in there sometimes and it's made life (and my back!!!) so much easier.

She's incredibly kind and has said not to worry about buying one, just to use hers for the next month or two... But she has a baby due soon so will need it and since I'm using it a LOT I feel like I should get one as I'd hate anything to happen to hers.

I'm just trying to decide between the one I love (cuz it's pretty ) or a cheaper basic one. Will all depend how long I'm likely to use it really.

So how long did you use yours?

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a Manduca (pretty much the same only better) DD is 10 months and still using it. She loves it! I am going to get brave enough to try back carry positon by myself soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Until about 2.5. although my son is skinny, so maybe less with a heavier child.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We use ours SO much. We use it all the time for DS2 (who is one) and we still use it at times for DS1 (who is almost 3). I wear DS1 less than DH does, as I struggle carrying him for too long (even in the ergo). It has definitely been worth it owning one in our case, we will use it for years by the end, if it lasts that long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD is 22 months and we still use it regularly! She goes in it every week for groceries coz she will smack her head and scream in the trolley and will run off if we let her walk. And it will definitely be a lifesaver on Wednesday when DH drops me off at the airport with 2 suitcases lol no way I could manage them and a stroller! I think they are definitely worth every penny, plus their resell value is quite good and can be used for future kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use mine everytime I go grocery shopping. So much easier than shopping with a stroller/pram.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has been worth every penny. I am still using it regularly for DS who is 18 months and a big boy. I used it the other day to climb Jacobs ladder in Kings Park Perth (250 ish steps) for exercise. I got a great workout carrying an extra 12.5kgs on my back and DS enjoyed the ride

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine when dd1 was 10 months old and used until she was 17 months, then used it with DD2 from newborn (with insert) til about 20 months and used it with DS til about 2 months ago (17 months) as my belly is a bit uncomfortable when I wear it now.

I also actually carried DD2 in it about 6 months ago on my back (she was just over 3yrs) as I had DS in the pram asleep.

I've only ever stopped using it as I've gotten pregnant and it's been to tight on my tummy and I get pelvic instability which hurts like hell with a baby in my belly and one on me as well :-(

I've just got a "new" secondhand one off eBay for the new bub as the old one was getting a bit worn around the buckle.

Get one. You won't regret it and will find it very handy to keep in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought one for DS1 and u can count on my hands the number if times I've used it with both DS1 & DS2. I kinda regret spending the money in it. It's still like new - I even bought the newborn insert and everything... I got very excited when I was pregnant with my first - lol

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is nearly 2.5 and a pretty big kid, i would still use mine except i really don't think of it, and I'm pregnant now so don't fancy carrying him, I'd prefer he got used to walking. Used it very regularly until he was about 2.