+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll sometimes do the photo thing, especially if someone's gone out of their way like bought him a t-shirt from OS, or knitted him something. But i don't always, especially if someone buys/knits him lots (ie MIL!) Unfortunately re. the soft toy... It's lucky it hasn't gone to the salvos kids get so so so soooo many soft toys it's impossible to keep them all, I gave 2 big shopping bags full to the salvos when DS was only 6 months (i felt TERRIBLE doing it but they were taking over our house)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (08-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe she brought up weirdly in that respect?

Sometimes people can be totally awesome until it comes to one thing where its just like a void they were never taught.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP rhinks it's strange too though...same parents and upbringing...who knows?!

Meh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some people aren't very good at receiving gifts and struggle to say thankyou.

As for dressing my child in the clothes that someone gave me the next time I see them or sending a photo ... heck, that's FAR too complicated for me and I'm a pretty organised person when it comes to clothes. Seriously, I got heaps of clothes for dd and I call it a success if I get her out of the house wearing something clean & suitable for the weather. Having to worry about who she may or may not see and dressing her for that reason too would mean we'd never get out of the house. Half of her clothes are either in the washing basket, in the machine or on the drying rack at any time anyway. I change my dd's clothes all the time during the day for various reasons, so you don't know your SIL isn't using the clothes you've given. You said you've given a lot, so do you seriously expect to see your nephew wearing EVERYTHING you've given? I say that's expecting too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FL, we had the lamb embroidered with his name and DOB which I'm guessing is why it hasn't been given away. Maybe she just doesn't want it to get destroyed...

I think I'll just accept she's different to me and try to buy gifts they can all use!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like I said, if she said thank you when given the gift, I wouldn't give it a second thought. I just think she's a bit ungrateful, so does DP. I don't buy gifts just to receive thanks, but some way of acknowledging the effort and money put in to choosing a gift isn't too much to ask.

I can say right now, I've NEVER been given a gift and not said thank you, so I find it strange that she's like this, especially seeing as her sister is the opposite to her..

I also put a lot of thought into gifts so yes, it makes me sad to think someone doesn't love it as much as I did when I picked it out specially for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    FL, we had the lamb embroidered with his name and DOB which I'm guessing is why it hasn't been given away. Maybe she just doesn't want it to get destroyed...
    If I got something that special I wouldn't give it to bubs to chew and ruin. I would have it on a shelf to keep as a special teddy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That not saying thank you thing is really weird. What else do you say if someone gives you something?? I say thanks whenever someone gives me anything, pretty much. I said thank you to my colleague today when he handed me a bunch of work to do and even when MIL brings round a huge bag of new clothes i'll ooh and ahh and think of something nice to say about them even if it's just 'oh, tracksuit pants these are so handy for daycare, can't ever have enough really' but yeah trying to imagine the scenario, so you hand it to her and she says 'oh' ? Or what?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe she doesn't want you to keep buying outfits. I know you are doing a lovely, thoughtful thing and have obviously been brought up with great manners but I'm strange (or so I hear) because I don't like recieving lots of things for DS. Luckily, the things I have recieved have been masses of second hand clothes and toys. I sort through them, donate everything I don't like and thank whoever for the stuff I do like.

....Or maybe she's just being a b1$ch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does just say 'oh..'

I bought him an outfit for Christmas (custom made overalls in a gorgeous dinosaur fabric as that's his nusery theme) and a gorgeous oobi hat and a tie dyed onesie (which was more a joke and don't care about that). So not heaps, but more than I buy for my goddaughter, say.