+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't think to do this. I am notoriously sucky at EVER sending photos to anyone... and I mostly just get her to dress herself, and only tell her what to wear if her choice looks terrible and we're going out (or is weather-inappropriate).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always send a pic or dress DS in clothes given to him because I have stingy a55 friends and family who rarely buy him anything and when they do, it's a big deal lol. I shouldn't say stingy, they will buy him something for birthdays and Christmas, but never just because. I often get jealous of people who have friends and family who treat or spoil their children. It's not a financial issue either. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack - buy yes, I always make a deal out of it. I mean, they've spent money on your child right? I'm greatful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grateful... Wow, cant believe I spelt that incorrectly. Sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS got sooo many clothes given to him in his first year of life (first grandchild on both sides, first of my friends to have a baby etc etc). So many clothes that we barely bought him anything.

But if it was a special outfit - especially if someone had made it - then I always made sure to take a photo for Facebook and would tag the person who gave it to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I try to do this. I usually snap a pic on my phone and then text it to the person saying something like "DD says thank you!"

If I haven't done it then it's usually because the clothes are the wrong size. DD got given some clothes for her first birthday in size 3. She's coming up for her 2nd birthday now, and size 2 is still a little big on her. But I haven't forgotten who they're from, and I do think they're lovely - and I really appreciate the gift! (Although I'm wondering if that person would be upset to receive a text 2 years after the event saying "Look! She's wearing them!")

I always write thank you cards on DD's behalf after birthdays and Xmas, and get her to scribble/ draw inside them too. When she's old enough I'll get her to write her own thank you cards on the day. I remember doing that when I was growing up, and it was always a bit of a chore (as a kid), but definitely the right thing to do. Nothing ruder than a non-acknowledgement of a gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's what I plan on doing with all the lovely clothes people gave us for baby. Hopefully she fits them, there's some very small 0000's and she is one late baby so might be a bit big for them!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I make a big fuss when i recieve the gift, "thats so cute, thank you so much" etc But i dont send photos. If the item of clothing is clean ill try to put it on them if i see the person, but i dont always remember.

Is there anything else about your sil that she has done that leads u to believe she is doing something on purpose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to remember who bought what and dress them in something they've bought them, but won't go to great efforts.

DSs god father's wife always buys him hats and tees, it's usually coincidence that he's wearing them when we see them, but they notice and it makes them feel good about their gift I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My brother and sil never say thank you and it drives me insane!!!! I always say thanks for everything we get and once I have bub I will take pictures of him in the clothes we have been given and send off to people, it's how I was brought up though to thank people for things....
    I always text my brother to make sure they have Recieved things as I never hear... But my niece and nephew know the things I have brought for them so always grab them first to wear

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, DE, but I can't work it out. If she said thank you when she received it I wouldn't care, but she doesn't even do it then. We get on so well too, usually catch up once a week with my nannying charge and her boy, wthi or without DP so it's so uncharacteristic of her...

I just dont know what's up with it!