+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this out of the ordinary for a 15mth old???

My 15 month old still has 2 x 2hour day sleeps. Now what the heck is so abnormal about that?
    I'm so sick of ppl giving me their opinions on MY daughter's sleeping habbits.
    From what ive heard from my own relatives and a few friends, their bub's cut out a sleep by 12mths or earlier. SO WHAT!?

I realise these people probably are a little envious. But its no reason to speak as if it's bizzare for still having 2 day sleeps past one year of age!

We worked so freaking hard to get her in a sleeping routine. Once she got the hang of 'sleeping' (around 6mths old) she never regressed.
    She never slept longer than 30 mins for about the first 5months of her life.
    I know about sleep deprivation. I know how hard it is to get a baby to sleep. Ive read all the books in the world about sleeping and settling. I know life is almost impossible when your baby doesnt sleep. We were almost admitted to a sleep school!
    The people who are making comments about her naps know about what we went thru when she was a newborn. It's as if they have forgotten about that!...hello? dont you think we might deserve this lol?

Just because my daughter is still sleeping 2 x 2hr day naps and is ready for bed by 7pm and sleeps thru to 8am, doesnt mean i am doing anything wrong.
    Just because their baby dropped a nap at 12mths doesnt mean mine will.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS1 had 2x2 hour naps at that age and still slept 60pm-6am, he then moved onto 1x3 hour sleep sometime before 2

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahahahaha when ppl comment just give them a little grin and say 'a bit jealous are we?' then change the subject.

My first slept through from only a few weeks old and was still having a day sleep at 4yo. He would be in bed asleep by 6pm and wake between 7-8am. Was heaven!!

My second is 2.5 and still wakes once through the night and is trying to drop his day sleeps already!!

I have no problems in telling you I'm incredibly envious of you and your DDs sleeping habits lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi op,

As long as day sleeps don't interfere with night time then don't worry about it. Perhaps just ask the nurse at the next check up if there is anything you should be worried about like anaemia or anything underlying that is leaving your daughter tired. If all is well(and im sure it is, I'm just overcautious!) then enjoy your rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scotmum2be View Post
    Hi op,

As long as day sleeps don't interfere with night time then don't worry about it. Perhaps just ask the nurse at the next check up if there is anything you should be worried about like anaemia or anything underlying that is leaving your daughter tired. If all is well(and im sure it is, I'm just overcautious!) then enjoy your rest.

anaemic? thanks for your concern. I dont think that's the case. I think she is completely normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy it OP, ignore the known it alls in your life.

You know your baby best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is exactly the same and she is 15mths at the end of this month.
    I just take it for what it is. Enjoy it