+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spotting/light bleeding during FET cycle.

I know i'm prob grasping at straws here, but has anyone had spotting on a medicated FET cycle? I've been on estradoil tablets and then progesterone pessaries (from 5 days before the transfer). Since i started on the pessaries i've had spotting and very light bleeding (tmi). Its been on an off since 3 days before the transfer and sort of gets heavier and then lighter. My FS wasn't too worried on the day of the transfer, did a scan and lining all looked great.

I got a very, very faint BFP yesterday (6dp5dt) and then slightly darker this morning (6dp5dt) but i'm worried about this spotting. Its too much to be implantation spotting. My clinic have moved my bt up to wednesday (it was meant to be friday) and they said they don't think its a sign of another chemical pregnancy (cause it started before transfer) so not to worry about it. They did a bt on saturday to check my progesterone and said its high, so that's not causing it.

If anyone else had anything similar, I've love to hear about it. Before i go nuts.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 07-05-2012 at 09:55.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On my FET I had this brown discharge from about 2 days after transfer up until I got AF. It was spotting, but not pink or red...just a weird brown.

My FS said it would have been because of the pessaries.

I hope it's a true BFP for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CG The progesterone supplements can cause break through bleeding. I would assume it was that and not to be too concerned.
    All the best
    SS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks disney and summer. That's what the dr said. I had some on the day of the transfer and my fs said it wasn't from the lining it was from my cervix (tmi) because it might be irritated. God i had all the waiting.

I can't believe we're all still here.... really hope you both get your bf's soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm on my first IVF cycle and at day 12 after ET, a blood test is booked in for 2 days time. Yesterday and today I've had some spotting, not too much and it's dark in colour. One of my nurses said not to be too concerned about spotting as it may simply be old blood, however another nurse said today when I called that it would seem my period is on it's way and that it looks to be an unsuccessful transfer. I still have to continue with crinone and have the blood test. I'm trying very hard to stay positive however after having read some of the other forums whereby others have said the success rate for first attempts is low it's difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chumpy, i reckon wait and see till your BT, as hard is it is!! It could be af on the way, or it could be spotting from the crinone.

Best of luck to you, would be great if you got lucky on your first cycle.