+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansta View Post
    What was his wakeup time when he did 2 naps?
    Same time 4-5am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im with Chocmilk. My DS would wake between 4 & 5. Someone suggested that he might be cold. Eventhough i thought he was fine, i added an extra layer or warmer sleeping bag and bingo it worked slept to 7. He seems to need an extra layer than the recommended in winter & summer. Whether its the warmth or the weight he likes im not sure- but it worked. The only other times he wakes earlier than 6am is not eating much dinner. Hope your find a solution. Wish we could just ask them hmmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What time does he go to sleep for his day nap? If he goes down too early in the day then he may be very overtired by his 7pm bedtime. I find if my DD2 (18 mths) is very overtired by bedtime she will wake a lot earlier the next morning (come to think of it DD1, 5.5 yrs old does also).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Elleandsam why do you say you can't put him down earlier than 7? My DS usually wakes between 430 and 5 and I have also noticed he sleeps better when he's in bed at 6. It's not ideal as DH doesn't see him but he's tired so I put him to sleep.

He's almost 14 months old and he usually has only one day sleep around 1030 til 12 so any later than 6 pm and he's overtired. I definitely noticed he sleeps longer. I'm also trying him in a much warmer sleeping bag. We're in Perth and it's not freezing but I definitely notice it feels cold at 4 am.

Good luck and I hope he grows out of it soon. It sux getting up so early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My just turned 1 year old son is waking up exactly at 4.30am too. He cries until I give him the boobie or put him into bed with us. We are going to a sleep school to try and fix that problem...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't put him down at 6 because I also have a 2 year old who has a bath at 6 in the room right next to DSs. I have a husband who works away and I have to do the bedtimes by myself so at this stage separate bedtimes would not work.

We tried an extra layer and that didn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I get that. I have 3 kids and my DH is often away but in any event never home for dinner bath and bed. Can you bath you DD earlier just to try DS on the earlier bed time for a week or so to give it a try? Sorry prob not being much help but I know what it's like to be alone and bearing the brunt of kids not sleeping well. Or maybe change the routine on a week your DH is home?

Sorry I don't really have much else but that's what helped us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I get that. I have 3 kids and my DH is often away but in any event never home for dinner bath and bed. Can you bath you DD earlier just to try DS on the earlier bed time for a week or so to give it a try? Sorry prob not being much help but I know what it's like to be alone and bearing the brunt of kids not sleeping well. Or maybe change the routine on a week your DH is home?

Sorry I don't really have much else but that's what helped us
    DH is only home on weekends, gets home at about 9pm on weekdays and leaves very early.

I just don't see how putting him down at 6 would work, that seems far too early for me, I don't even think he'd be that tired then and he'd fight me all the way. When I put him down at 7 he goes to sleep instantly as soon as his head hits the pillow.

DDs bath has been a part of her bed time routine since she was 4 months old, she sleeps through all night every night, I'm not about to mess with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS (17 months) was doing the same and DRIVING ME CRAZY!! Some wonderful lady on the hub suggested changing his nappy before YOU go to bed (so about 9.30-10pm for us). Since doing that he is sleeping til 6.30...SEVEN this morn .
    We also make sure he has a BIG cup of milk just before bed, im talking 300-400ml.
    What time does he go to bed, when does he nap. MY DS has a nap around noon for about 2 hours and bed at 7.30pm. When does he have dinner?? DS has dinner at 6pm and before we starting giving him milk before bed he would wake up STARVING...it only dawned on me that he was going 12 hours between feeds when someone pointed it out to me. Sleep deprivation can make you very unaware of whats happening.
    Good luck honey its so tough I KNOW!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've pushed back his nap up 1pm and I'll push back his dinner until 6 (normally its 5-5.30) and see how we go.