+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 15month old waking far too early

My DS is waking at 4.30 every single morning. I'm jack of it. I've blacked out his windows, nothing. Put him to bed a little later, nothing.

Anyone got any suggestions?

PS I'm incredibly sleep deprived, I go to bed as early as possible, he still wakes once overnight and always manages to wake me once I hit a deep sleep. I don't really want to hear about how some kids are just early wakers, I get that some are, but 4.30am is not waking early it's waking at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Hun, sleep deprivation is torture.

Could he be cold? My girl will wake early if she is cold. I sneak in before she'd usually wake (5 here) and put an extra blankie or two on her. If I time it right I can usually get an extra couple of hours sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I could give it a go but he was doing this in summer too and it doesn't really get that cold here in Townsville.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have NFI then I'm sorry. My DD wakes earlier in summer due to the light. Are birds chirping and waking him? Or is it too early for them too? I have music in her room to block sounds. How old is he? Can you reason with him yet? I've heard about those monkey clocks that open their eyes when it's time to get up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, just reread title of thread. Probably not then hey :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Put him in bed with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Put him in bed with you?
    Done that he won't sleep in bed with us, he just thinks its the boobie buffet switching side to side, laying all over me, grunting and groaning. I've tried several times but he hasn't been able to sleep in our bed since about 8 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DS is the same. 4.30-5 wakes every day. Room pitch black, white noise, temp controlled. Nothing keeps him asleep. He woke at 3.30 yesterday. Nothing gets him back to sleep. He was in my bed last night to see if we could get one good sleep into him. We were up at 5.
    im a walking zombie who is so very cranky. If my sister with her sleep from 6pm till 7am bub(6months old) tells me one more time to - insert random thing that works for her good sleeper-to fix the problem I will scream. The grow clock made no impact and DH won't get up before 6- so its always me first thing at ungodly predawn o'clock.
    Last edited by babybabycakes; 07-05-2012 at 06:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why won't your DH get up before 6? DH and I take turns on the weekend getting up at stupid am. We might give a groclock a go. I wish he'd play in his cot instead of screaming.

Thanks
    Reviews