+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Goodness poor mumma's.

Ds1 started sleeping through at 5mths on his own and is now 4 yrs and a great sleeper, always has been, never had any issues. Ds2 started sleeping through at 9mths, he was quite a little bugger and I was tearing my hair out so I followed a sleep program with him and toughened up a little by letting him self settle. Only took a few nights and he was waking only once instead of 3 times and then soon after that he didn't wake at all and he's now 13mths and is a great sleeper. Ahhh love that I have my sleep back
    Self settling is a key...(won't say 'the' key, because it might not work for 100% of families).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Self settling is a key...(won't say 'the' key, because it might not work for 100% of families).
    Maybe for some, my son knows how to self-settle and has done for a long time now but he still wakes through the night and early in the morning. I don't think there's any magic cure for crap sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Maybe for some, my son knows how to self-settle and has done for a long time now but he still wakes through the night and early in the morning. I don't think there's any magic cure for crap sleep.
    My ds is the same. We are just having to accept that his sleep sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    There is seriously no secret.

It's actually kind of embarrassing to confess your child slept through from a very young age - people either think you're fibbing, or think you're trying to rub in the fact you're obviously an amazing parent or whatever. But in all honesty, it's luck, pure and simple.

Given how easy DD was a baby, and how much sleep I got with her, I'm really scared to have another, because surely fate will have a chuckle and send me the most difficult baby ever, who never ever sleeps.
    Yep that happened to me dd slept from 6 weeks ds2 didn't sleep for a year with reflux...Oh I wish I remembered that year l

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Jasper the same, he self settled from 6-8 weeks. And woke every couple of hours. Katelyn is rocked or fed to sleep and put in her cot and sleeps amazingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    There is seriously no secret.

It's actually kind of embarrassing to confess your child slept through from a very young age - people either think you're fibbing, or think you're trying to rub in the fact you're obviously an amazing parent or whatever. But in all honesty, it's luck, pure and simple.

Given how easy DD was a baby, and how much sleep I got with her, I'm really scared to have another, because surely fate will have a chuckle and send me the most difficult baby ever, who never ever sleeps.
    I was one of those mum's who used to get really upset when I used to hear about other babies sleeping through the night. Cause all I wanted was one solid nights sleep. And was constantly asked 'what I was doing" "Did I have a routine" And then got tonnes of 'advice' which I knew didn't work,. cause I had tried it all before.

One of my friends have a daughter who is 3 months older then my DS1. And she used to sleep a solid 12hrs every night since the age of 6 weeks. And to be honest, I hated hearing about how much sleep she got, and if she complained about getting up at 7am. Cause I so desperately wanted to sleep til then. Cause DS1 at that stage was getting up at 5am.
    Her mother is also friends with my mother, and apparently her mother keeps asking mine, what I am doing wrong. And how they never had these issues when they had kids. It was a constant stab to me, as I felt like I was doing something wrong all the time. And it started to stress me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I hated that too "what are you doing? Whats your routine? Have you tried this? Dont co sleep. Dont breast feed. Do this. Do that."

Im parenting katelyn the same and shes totally different.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I hated that too "what are you doing? Whats your routine? Have you tried this? Dont co sleep. Dont breast feed. Do this. Do that."

Im parenting katelyn the same and shes totally different.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Oh yes the unwanted advice, if I want your input I'll ask for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    dont hate me to b honest i dont think there is a magic secret...just depends on the child. No. 2 will no doubt make up for it as DD is just too good. She sleeps 14 straight sometimes longer :/

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I totally agree I'm afraid. Its like my DS just found his peace with sleep one day - I really don't think it was anything particular I did or didn't do. It was 15 months until he consistently slept through - felt long at the time, but so much shorter than some amazing parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    O M G Ladies im bouncing off the walls this morning and its not from having 3 cups of coffee to keep me preppy.... ITS BECAUSE DS SLEPT FROM 8.30 TO 6AM LAST NIGHT!!!!

ok quick, forget i mentioned it before i jinx myself!