+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I may win.. :-(

My 5 yr old DD started sleeping through about 3 weeks after school started this year..
    DD2 is still waking 3-4 times a night at 3 yrs 8 months..

17 month old DS is a great sleeper... now!

I'm so hoping that the new baby due in September takes after it's brother and not its sisters!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs to you OP. It will get better... Think of retirement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    dont hate me to b honest i dont think there is a magic secret...just depends on the child.
    ^^ this. Don't hate me either - we just got lucky with DS. I hope we are as lucky with DD but time will tell as she's only 8 weeks old.

Hugs to all the tired Mummies. I'm tired too having a newborn so am glad DS is a good sleeper - though he's been waking most nights since DD was born, and of course they never wake at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    22 months and still not sleeping through here either. I think I've just gotten used to being sleep deprived All.the.time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Goodness poor mumma's.

Ds1 started sleeping through at 5mths on his own and is now 4 yrs and a great sleeper, always has been, never had any issues. Ds2 started sleeping through at 9mths, he was quite a little bugger and I was tearing my hair out so I followed a sleep program with him and toughened up a little by letting him self settle. Only took a few nights and he was waking only once instead of 3 times and then soon after that he didn't wake at all and he's now 13mths and is a great sleeper. Ahhh love that I have my sleep back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    There is seriously no secret.

It's actually kind of embarrassing to confess your child slept through from a very young age - people either think you're fibbing, or think you're trying to rub in the fact you're obviously an amazing parent or whatever. But in all honesty, it's luck, pure and simple.

Given how easy DD was a baby, and how much sleep I got with her, I'm really scared to have another, because surely fate will have a chuckle and send me the most difficult baby ever, who never ever sleeps.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

&BabyMakes4xxx  (08-05-2012),share a book  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD started sleeping through at 3 months. Dont know how or why but Im thankful. But she goes to bed late which gets annoying...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    There is seriously no secret.

It's actually kind of embarrassing to confess your child slept through from a very young age - people either think you're fibbing, or think you're trying to rub in the fact you're obviously an amazing parent or whatever. But in all honesty, it's luck, pure and simple.

Given how easy DD was a baby, and how much sleep I got with her, I'm really scared to have another, because surely fate will have a chuckle and send me the most difficult baby ever, who never ever sleeps.

This!!! DS has slept through from about 2 weeks old. I'am now 20 weeks pregnant with #2 and terrified this bub will be up all night feeding and crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I've wished a restless sleeper on a hubber before :P I'm evil.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-05-2012),Stiflers Mom  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1 slept through.
    DS2....does not, at all. He usually goes to sleep at midnight and wakes 2hrly until 7-8am.

He is almost a year old, lately he has been going to sleep at 930, waking at 1130, 130, 400, 600 and up at 730. Though, the past two weeks he has had three 9hr sleeps, two 8hr sleeps and two 7hr sleeps. w..t..f! Completely random, and usually followed by a night like last night, asleep at 1100, awake at 1 awake awake awake asleep at FIVE O' CLOCK!!! then up at 700.

I hope he sleeps better soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast