+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Performance anxiety sucks!

Both my bubs were late and on the 'due date' of my second bub I cried and cried because there were no inklings of labour
    You have been given some great advice here - bath, relax, early night, etc so do all of these things and definitely turn off your mobile phone, let the home phone go to message bank and avoid Facebook. It's tome to turn inwards and cherish these final few moments with your bub-on-board

Warm wishes for you and hoping you have a wonderful birth and a blissful Babymoon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could have so copied & pasted most of your post for myself. 40+3 and nothing, and my mum is here driving me insane as well!

Going to nab DH tomorrow to go on a 'last baby free date' so hopefully baby will destroy our plans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Use the time you have to cook meals for when baby arrives. Distract yourself, watch movies play a game. The baby will come when's it's ready.

If your family is stressing you out to much that can possibly put labor on hold, I'd kick them out nicely of course.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eclecticdreamer For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby is not overdue yet. It is just waiting for it's birthday! Up to 42 weeks is still normal.

Plan a few things for the next week, a coffee date with a friend, movies with DH or your daughter, dinner at your fav restaurant, massage, window shopping..... If baby comes then you won't mind missing out, but if baby doesn't then you have things to look forward to and do.

Can you send your Mum and dd out to play centre or park or zoo, si they are ocuppied as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again to you all for replying!

I had a bath last night, then took some panadol and went to bed.

I had a cry in bed this morning, then decided to get up and go out. So we spent the morning shopping, planning on putting dd down for a nap, then having a nap myself.

I didn't know that it was even possible to be 4 cms dialated with nothing happening, I think that's another part of it, I thought bub would be here by now. Intellectually, I know its fine and normal to go to 42 weeks, but emotionally its so difficult to be told to expect a baby over the weekend, then have it all fizzle out, so demoralising.

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will all be worth it when you have that little baby in your arms

Big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found with my 2 youngest when I was preg going for an afternoon walk then getting a bath bomb and have a really relaxing bath with both my kids I went into labour within 3 hrs of doing this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope something happens for you soon.

Try and use this time to do things you enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Can you be honest with everyone about how you are feeling?

I had a 64 hour labour - including an intermittent pre labour though, it would be 20 mins apart, 10... 5.... Then I'd fall asleep and wake up 2 hours later and then it would be 40 min, 30... 20 mins for a few hours... 10...5.... 10....20....fall asleep... Argh!!!!!

I sent DF to work - like get the heck out please - because every time I made a pained sound he'd say "is it time to go to hospital now?!?!?" no him.... It's not....

Can you Boot everyone out of your space, have a shower or bath, watch a DVD or tv show or something.

Also try YouTube for DIY accupressure. Send hubby or mum out for clary sage oil (few drops on a tissue to smell can help strengthen contractions)

Good luck. I hope baby comes soon!!!'

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Naaw you girls just reminded me of the end, have def decided I will be lying about my EDD and telling everyone it's a week or so later than it is when we announce this pregnancy, I hated being stalked at the end (I went on communication shutdown and opened an email that only hubby had so I didn't have to deal with anyone's 'interest')

The only thing I can think of that you haven't tried is the 3 hot baths trick, have 3 baths in one night as hot as you can stand them for as long as you can handle it and labour will happen within 24 hours (apparently) my friend swore by this with her 4 and it worked with my DD1 . . . wish I could have tried it with DD2 I was 4cm & in on/off labour for 8 days . . . don't panic, I was taking meds for a health issue that is also given to stop preterm labour NO ONE picked it up until AFTER bubs was born