+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help!! Labour has stalled!

Ok, so I need some help.

I'm 40 weeks. At my appointment on Friday, midwife did a check and I was 4cms, she did a stretch and sweep for me.

So, after that I had a little bleeding, irregular, but strong contractions, extra mucous then yesterday morning a bloody show.
    Then some huge contractions yesterday afternoon.

But it all stalled. I haven't had any contractions today, just some tightenings.

I think I know why its stalled, my Mum has to mind dd while Dh and I are at the hospital, so she's been here since Saturday morning, and she's driving me INSANE! I love her, but I can't be around her 24/7. She keeps asking me if I've had any more pains, and then calls people to tell them how I'm progressing, or not progressing. Its adding all this extra pressure that I do not need. Feels like performance anxiety. Then, my brother came over this afternoon, he called Mum to organise his visit, noone asked me if I minded having him over, and he was asking why I haven't had the baby yet, kept on asking me if anything was happening, as if I want to talk about my body with my brother! Then he invited himself to stay for dinner!

Then there's Dh, he keeps looking at me all disappointed, obviously annoyed, and saying he's sick of waiting. Well, sorr-ee, next time I'll just have the baby when you tell me to.

We tried, walking, I've walked for hours this weekend, all through our very hilly suburb, its been agonizing on my pelvic instability. We had s.ex today (sent dd to the park with nanny). I've tried accupressure points.

Anyway, I guess this is more of a vent than anything. I want the baby out more than anyone. So just leave me alone!

But please, if anyone has any advice, I'll try it.
    Ps, I'm broke, so can't afford accupuncture, herbs or chiro or the like. Wish, I had the money. Also, next appointment isn't until Thursday. Am considering going to the hospital and asking for another stretch and sweep, or to have my waters broken. Or possibly going to my gp tomorrow and asking for a stretch and sweep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Organise a beautiful evening with your DH, either tomorrow night or the night after. Make it extra special, a kind of pre baby celebration.

If your baby is like anyone else's he/she will likely ruin the occasion and if not, you and your DH get some relaxation time away from your mum!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffbum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-05-2012),In My Stride  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Try to relax as so your not exhausted when starts up again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the pain your in I had the same thing with DS2 best thing is try and relax I know how hard that is maybe a nice bath or shower cuddle up with your mr and watch a movie

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaargh poor you! I can see why you felt the need to vent.Go and buy yourself a fresh pineapple and eat up. Worked for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I have no advice but I didn't want to read & run :-(
    I hope things speed up for you soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for the quick replies, I think a warm bath and into bed for some much needed rest is the best advice. Better conserve my energy for if and when something really happens.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Go into the bathroom, lock the door, soak in a nice hot bath, ignore everyone and relax!

Make your Mum take DD out tomorrow and laze around watching movies and pigging out.

Sounds like you needed a good vent after all your stress. Hope things speed up for you soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww babe! I totally get where ur from I'm in EXACTLY the same situation atm! I'm overdue and my DF keeps looking at me when anything hurts or I gasp and asks if it's a contraction and when the negative answer comes out he pulls a face n walks off. Plus my mums with us too and she's the same as urs WAY TOO over the top...so I totally understand the "LEAVE ME ALONE" attitude!

I have had any luck trying to bring on contractions but I hav been trying to work on relaxing a bit more! I'm finding that having a little fan/heater sit on the bed (obviously cleared away sheets etc) and hav it on on fan or heat depending on time of day and just lay back with some nice coconut or vanilla inscence sticks on...btwn the smell and gentle vibration on the bed calms me down HEAPS! Even tho I just wanna scream at ppl that it's not my fault this baby's not coming on command....my own zone is quite calming. If u can find something for u that usually calms u it might help too?

I'm sure our lil bubbas will come along when they r finally ready. It's just the frustrations btwn now n then that make us almost homicidal! Hehe *big hug* good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Ok, so I need some help.

I'm 40 weeks. At my appointment on Friday, midwife did a check and I was 4cms, she did a stretch and sweep for me.

So, after that I had a little bleeding, irregular, but strong contractions, extra mucous then yesterday morning a bloody show.
    Then some huge contractions yesterday afternoon.

But it all stalled. I haven't had any contractions today, just some tightenings.

I think I know why its stalled, my Mum has to mind dd while Dh and I are at the hospital, so she's been here since Saturday morning, and she's driving me INSANE! I love her, but I can't be around her 24/7. She keeps asking me if I've had any more pains, and then calls people to tell them how I'm progressing, or not progressing. Its adding all this extra pressure that I do not need. Feels like performance anxiety. Then, my brother came over this afternoon, he called Mum to organise his visit, noone asked me if I minded having him over, and he was asking why I haven't had the baby yet, kept on asking me if anything was happening, as if I want to talk about my body with my brother! Then he invited himself to stay for dinner!

Then there's Dh, he keeps looking at me all disappointed, obviously annoyed, and saying he's sick of waiting. Well, sorr-ee, next time I'll just have the baby when you tell me to.

We tried, walking, I've walked for hours this weekend, all through our very hilly suburb, its been agonizing on my pelvic instability. We had s.ex today (sent dd to the park with nanny). I've tried accupressure points.

Anyway, I guess this is more of a vent than anything. I want the baby out more than anyone. So just leave me alone!

But please, if anyone has any advice, I'll try it.
    Ps, I'm broke, so can't afford accupuncture, herbs or chiro or the like. Wish, I had the money. Also, next appointment isn't until Thursday. Am considering going to the hospital and asking for another stretch and sweep, or to have my waters broken. Or possibly going to my gp tomorrow and asking for a stretch and sweep.
    You nailed it on the head when you said "Performance anxiety". Turn off your phone, don't use your phone.. Zone out and go on a pre baby moon. Allowing your body to open up naturally, it will shut down on you if it feels pressured!

***Sent from my phone***