+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to school with a Logan, he was called Logan the Bogan. Couldn't name my kid that after seeing the pain this kid went through!
    I also went to school with a Sean, he was constantly reminding people his name was not pronounced "seen"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our surname ends in .....son so we can't have any name that ends in son as I think it's too repetitive shame as there are some nice names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleighMaree View Post
    i have a Dexter who is almost 2 and had never heard of the show until everyone decided to point it out to me still havent seen it but still love his name
    DH fought hard for dexter but lost out. I have never seen the show but I always think poindexter or whatever it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the name Zac, unfortunately we didn't think of this when we got our dog 4 years ago and called him Zeke. DF gets confused enough with me and his sisters names Jessie and Joanne, could you imagine Zac and Zeke!!

We got Kye instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    I did consider some of the "Ed" beginning alternates: Edison, Edmund, Edwin. Problem there is of course the husband, who says I pick "boring grandpa names". Yes, DH, in comparison to you I do. He suggested Spike. And was serious.
    I actually think spike is a cute name for a boy ....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loumia For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always loved Dash for a boy but for obvious reasons pointed out by DH, we couldn't use it if we ever had a boy (dash over here for a second etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I always loved Dash for a boy but for obvious reasons pointed out by DH, we couldn't use it if we ever had a boy (dash over here for a second etc)
    Bahaha. I was thinking reindeer. I didn't think of your example but too funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Spike is a nice name - for a dog, or a bleached blonde vampire in a long black coat. I understand others may disagree, but I have many names I don't like, and many rules for naming my kids. Spike fails because of the "adult-old person" rule (seriously, a grandpa named Spike?) and the "good job" rule. I would not hire a person named Spike, would not go to a Doctor named Spike, certainly would not like my daughters dating a boy named Spike, no matter how nice he may be. The name does not inspire any kind of good image to me... except the blonde vampire one, and that counts for little in real life.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

MissyJane  (06-02-2013),Sariele  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anything starting in a K or a H. All of MIL's 3 grandchildren are H's, none of them get the right name. Which rules out Hudson, which I love!

Anything starting with a K - 3 sils are K's, and DH married me (K). Another one where we all get the wrong name.

Andrew - My son is Hamish, my Dad is Andrew. I'd love to have another DS and called him Drew (full name Andrew). But then I would have my very own Hamish & Andy!

Mack - DH cant get past Mack Truck

Bella & Chloe - both our pets! Luckily our fish are reddy & bluey so no chance of wanting to use them!

Patrick & Lucy - parents animals...

I really wish we and my parents hadnt used such nice human names for our pets!
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 11-05-2012 at 13:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Noah. It's my cousin's name.