+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved the name Jackson but DP besti called his son it. And blake, a good friend of mine called her son that.
    I love the name maddison but its really common now.
    When I picked my daughters name out I new the first part was common so I hyphened it with my great nanas name and add a extra L so it's
    Lilly-Anne

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Emerson, my all time favorite name but it sounds to similar to DS's name so would never use it, I guess that's what I get for letting DH have final say on ds's name lol

Spencer, used it for a pet long before I ever considered having kids, I'm kicking myself now

Azaria, for obvious reasons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    I feel like a total dumb Aussie but how do you pronounce Aroha in NZ and Genevieve in France?
    I linked in my first post somewhere where you can click and hear how you pronounce Genevieve in French.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    Have you considered Edison? I love love love the name, a friend of a friend has an edison who gets Ed/eddie.... Sooo cute!
    I did consider some of the "Ed" beginning alternates: Edison, Edmund, Edwin. Problem there is of course the husband, who says I pick "boring grandpa names". Yes, DH, in comparison to you I do. He suggested Spike. And was serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a fan of weird names, or strange spellings.

My own name is normal but spelled Amie, which means I have to spell it for everyone, all the time (even so people still get it wrong, I get Aimie, Aime, etc.) I also get called Annie a lot, which is awkward when I have to correct people. I'd never be so disrespectful to my Mum as to change it, but it does get frustrating at times.

My maiden name is really weird too, which means it used to get spelled wrong, pronounced wrong, and teachers and principals had such a hard time with it. Luckily my married name is a lot easier

My kids are getting nice normal names, spelled normally. I want them to be able to buy name mugs and stickers, I want them to be able to say their name and not have to spell it out for everyone. I don't want them being picked on for having a different name, which I was quite a bit

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Orla - vetoed by DP

Maisie - May is really common in my family so I can't do it.

Charlie - because if we have a daughter she'll be Sophie, no question. However I look after a Sophia who's brother is Charlie and I wouldn't want to copy them too much if I ended up with a Sophie and Charlie, and since Sophie is a must if I had a boy first, he'll be Toby.

I want a kid with the initials TJ, but DP's ex was called TJ so that's out.

Anna/Annie I love, but doesn't go with DPs surname at all (Ander-sson)

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aiden, Riley and Ethan are all out - I work with kids and had too many very difficult clients with these names!

I wouldn't use any name of a close relative, and no 'creative' spellings or hyphenated names.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartjb View Post
    I love Emma-Lee but DH thinks its too weird because it sounds like Emily.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I have a friend called Emma-Lee and she constantly gets called Emily or Emma. Could you use Emma as a first name and Lee as a middle name?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    I did consider some of the "Ed" beginning alternates: Edison, Edmund, Edwin. Problem there is of course the husband, who says I pick "boring grandpa names". Yes, DH, in comparison to you I do. He suggested Spike. And was serious.
    Ha ha! Spike is in our shortlist if the next baby is a boy.

I love Benton but would never use it because too many people would take the liberty of shortening it to Ben. I definitely do not want a son called Ben!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Any c name, our last name starts with c so it wouldnt go.

I love dexter, but everyone knows im obsessed with the show and would make fun that i named bub after a serial killer. (pssh)
    i have a Dexter who is almost 2 and had never heard of the show until everyone decided to point it out to me still havent seen it but still love his name

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AshleighMaree For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (11-05-2012)