+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Charles. I hate that name but LOVE the name Charlie - for a boy. But dh grandfathers name was Charles/Charlie and we just don't want family names esp since they would have the same last name.

My bil's family seem obsessed with the name Tom ( not really Tom, just using as an example). The grandfather was Tom but died a little while ago, his younger son is called Tom, who had twin boys - named one Tom and the other jim(think his middle name is Tom). My bil's (the eldest son of the original Tom) middle name is Tom and his son!s middle name is Tom.

Way overkill of the 1 name in one family I think
    Wow omg. I've always wanted to call a son of mine Thomas (Tom) but there's far too many in the family. I might still consider it though lol.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Emma (love it but used it for the cat! lol)
    Laura (DH ex gf)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maya - husbands ex's daughter
    Catherine - husbands ex!!
    We love Ruby but also love the singer Tim Rogers whose daughter is Ruby. Not sure if it's off the list yet though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Edward I've always wanted a little Eddie, finally preg with a boy... and stupid Twilight has ruined it. Same with Jacob, which DH loves. I don't want the endless jokes, judgements and references, or him to be constantly called Edward/Jacob E because there are 6 others of each in the class.
    Also Damien/Damon. I like both names... hate hate HATE "Damo" and this being Australia, as soon as he hits high school, if not before, people will start calling him that. Ugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love Eloise but sil wanted to use Ella for her future daughter so to save the fight chose a different name.
    I have a self imposed rule of not having the same first initial in the house so any names starting with a, b, d, m, o, t are out.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love the name Charlotte. However one of my beasties has used it. I also wanted Shelby Ellenor as I have always loved the name Shelby since steel magnolias and Ellenor is a family name. It's a no go due to that movie I've not seen and can't remember the name of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted View Post
    I love the name Charlotte. However one of my beasties has used it. I also wanted Shelby Ellenor as I have always loved the name Shelby since steel magnolias and Ellenor is a family name. It's a no go due to that movie I've not seen and can't remember the name of.
    Gone in 60 Seconds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some combinations of names have been out for this bub. Our favourite combination was a first name starting with A and a middle name starting with L- very nice, but add on a surname that starts with P and you end up with ALP! Don't think I can bring myself to make it look like we're inflicting political ideologies on her too soon - so that was out! Funnily enough our favourite combination of names for a boy would have resulted in the initials LNP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    Edward I've always wanted a little Eddie, finally preg with a boy... and stupid Twilight has ruined it. Same with Jacob, which DH loves. I don't want the endless jokes, judgements and references, or him to be constantly called Edward/Jacob E because there are 6 others of each in the class.
    Also Damien/Damon. I like both names... hate hate HATE "Damo" and this being Australia, as soon as he hits high school, if not before, people will start calling him that. Ugh.
    Lol, I loathe that Stephanie Meyer has good taste in names.

We also tried out the 'Aussie' nickname potential with our kids names.

My kids would've had long Māori names if we lived in NZ. I just can't handle the butchered pronunciation here. My good friend is 'Aroha' which is a very simple, common name and means 'love', but here she's 'Are-Row-Har' or 'Ottowah' or 'Ara-Har'...

So we stuck the long Māori names in the middle and use them amongst family and at home, if they decide to go back to NZ for boarding school they can use them there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol yeah I still wish we called katelyn Isabella because it would be funny to have a Jasper and an Isabella.

That would just oblige me to name all future children (or pets) after twilight characters.