+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Photoshoot - Help Me Please!!!

Ok, I need some help. I have been roped into a photoshoot next weekend for a friend of a friend who is starting a photography business and needs some women for her portfolio.

I am really unsure what to take, as we have to bring whatever props/outfits we would like our shoot to have.

So here is where I am stumped, I need some ideas on what to wear/poses anything...oh and make-up, I don't usually wear it so need some pointers on that too.

Gosh why oh why did I say yes?

My girlfriend has decided to do nude shots, so she will just bring her gorgeous self, I on the other hand will need a little more than that

Ok, hit me with ideas...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shameless bump, anyone...

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just did a photoshoot few days ago. I do them from time to time, so I will be back later to help!

In the meantime - what type of photos does she want to take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has said it is completely up to us. I think I would prefer black and whites and maybe something sexy but not raunchy. My dh said cute jeans and nothing else but I don't know about that.

I am just so clueless when it comes to this type of stuff. Like I know I will have to straighten my hair and shave but apart from that, I need guidanceI am just pulling a blank.

I am eagerly awaiting your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Take some of yours (or your bubs) fav teddies, blankets and outfits. My DS is also in cloth nappies so I took the cutest ones I have.
    Also for you (and partner) wear white shirt for a black backdrop or black shirt for a white backdrop and maybe jeans for pants?
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 06-05-2012 at 20:14.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    from the info provided, i can invision a woman in a black lacey nighty in front of a white background, for black and white photographs... simple, beautiful and sexy
    Would love to see the results with whatever you choose! i want to persue a photography career

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huni&Coco For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stick to plain coloured clothes, no patterns or logos. Black, white, block colours. Maybe take a couple of outfits to choose from.

As for makeup - focus either on your eyes or your lips but don't totally neglect either. So if you do lots of eye makeup, wear a pale lip gloss, or if you go for a bright red lip just a little bit of eye makeup.

Just relax. If the photographer is talented you shouldn't feel awkward or uncomfortable. I'm sure the pics will be gorgeous!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ZewZew View Post
    Take some of yours (or your bubs) fav teddies, blankets and outfits. My DS is also in cloth nappies so I took the cutest ones I have.
    Also for you (and partner) wear white shirt for a black backdrop or black shirt for a white backdrop and maybe jeans for pants?
    It's just me and friends, kids next time. I had also thought nice crisp white shirt with jeans but then thought that was a bit boring.

I have really long hair so maybe some with hair covering the boobas and a sexy pose...blah I just don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Huni&Coco View Post
    from the info provided, i can invision a woman in a black lacey nighty in front of a white background, for black and white photographs... simple, beautiful and sexy
    Would love to see the results with whatever you choose! i want to persue a photography career
    I would never post them, I am way too prudey for that

I do like you vision though, maybe not black nighty I am far too pale to pull that off, I could probably do red or navy...

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Stick to plain coloured clothes, no patterns or logos. Black, white, block colours. Maybe take a couple of outfits to choose from.

As for makeup - focus either on your eyes or your lips but don't totally neglect either. So if you do lots of eye makeup, wear a pale lip gloss, or if you go for a bright red lip just a little bit of eye makeup.

Just relax. If the photographer is talented you shouldn't feel awkward or uncomfortable. I'm sure the pics will be gorgeous!
    Make-up is what worries me the most, I have awful skin. Hoping the black and whites are kinder to me. I am thinking lots of mascara and eyeliner with dark brown eyeshadow, very little else maybe pink lipgloss maybe clear gloss.

I hope this lady is talented, because this is way out of my comfort zone that's for sure.

Do you think a wine before I go to help my nerves would be unreasonable? Just because the shoot starts at 9.30am. though on second thought I will have one when I get home, that is probably a better idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Red is hott! but i like the hair over boob idea!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Huni&Coco For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (06-05-2012)