Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh this is cracking me up!!! The spellings are SO bad!
    Bhronty.... Oh please! I'm sure the parents are huge fans of Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre! LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How is Brayden bogan??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took me several seconds to work out the first name was Olivia!!

Why did I not see this prior to choosing bubs name?

I could have used Mignonne! Or Shar-Neik!

This thread should have a warning..heavily pregnant women with weakened bladders enter at own risk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (06-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (06-05-2012),LoveyDovey  (06-05-2012),Wippy  (06-05-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    These are bogan names, to me: Xavier. Phoenix. Raven. Charlie {for girls}. Makayla. Blake. Lily. Mason. Alesha. All way over used.

DH's ultra-bogue cousin just found out their new brat is a girl and have named her Bailey-Brandi.
    It's one of the most revolting names I've ever heard. But then again, they have an older daughter named Charsley {no, not Charley, Charsley, like Charles + parsley} and a son named Excalibur, so I don't expect too much from them name-wise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

meatpopsicle  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ricca-Donna. Seriously?
    Why do people name their kids after booze and guns!!? God!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the problem that I have is when people take a beautiful, normal name and decide that they want to make it 'nicer' or more special.

What is wrong with history? What's wrong with a traditional spelling? I don't understand why some people feel the need to make their child an individual snowflake when what they're really doing is setting their child up for a life time of "*sigh* No, it's spelled.... Yes, that's right. Three As. Two Ys. Yes, I know, my parents didn't like the normal spelling...".

I don't get the point of it. Inconveniencing your child for the rest of their days just to spell their name Jesseekaah. It still sounds the same. In fact, she'll probably get called Jess anyway. So why make life difficult?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

ToughLove  (06-05-2012),Wippy  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Won't let me edit other post but just looked at the list and you have to laugh they've listed so many names that they are probably better off writing a list of non bogan names. I don't consider myself bogan at all bit I consider a lot of those names to be normal nice names. And I think name spelling is personal preference doesn't say anything about the persons bogan rating.
    Last edited by Jensha; 06-05-2012 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I think the problem that I have is when people take a beautiful, normal name and decide that they want to make it 'nicer' or more special.

What is wrong with history? What's wrong with a traditional spelling? I don't understand why some people feel the need to make their child an individual snowflake when what they're really doing is setting their child up for a life time of "*sigh* No, it's spelled.... Yes, that's right. Three As. Two Ys. Yes, I know, my parents didn't like the normal spelling...".

I don't get the point of it. Inconveniencing your child for the rest of their days just to spell their name Jesseekaah. It still sounds the same. In fact, she'll probably get called Jess anyway. So why make life difficult?
    I agree completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily-Rose?? I know a couple of little girls with this name, is it bogan because of the hyphen maybe?

All three of mine aren't on there although DD1 name is hyphenated with Lee so it probably is!!

I own a business which employs a lot of young kids and had a 15 year old start a couple of weeks ago named Courtaneigh. We have some terrible names come through but you get used to them.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My ds#1's name is on there, but purely there for being spelt in a bogan way.

I refuse to believe Alexander is a bogan name when spelt correctly!!

Classic. Love.