+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While I don't think there is too much harm in having the odd glass of light alcoholic beverage every so often and I did myself during my pregnancies, I think it's very irresponsible to go beyond that particularly to the point of getting plastered. Perhaps people may feel differently if they familiarise themselves with FASD or work with and see those kids that have it. And bare in mind that just because your young child may appear fine to you so you think there's no harm done due to your drinking whilst pregnant, issues resulting from excess alcohol consumption during pregnancies can be a contributing factor to behavioural issues in older children. I went to a training session regarding FASD as part of my work after having my first child and it was a real eye opener for me, I was much more cautious during my second pregnancy!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kimberlygal, not one single person in this thread has condoned or even talked about getting plastered when they knew they were pregnant, so I don't really see the point of your post.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (11-05-2012),GuestMember  (10-05-2012),jacobsmamma  (10-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Op I got pretty drunk when pregnant with my now healthy 2 y/o Ds.

I was ttc and took a test in the morning before drinking, I got a bfp with my first bub at 3 weeks so assumed id do the same with my next, it was negative so I enjoyed my cocktail party.

Ds is fine.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too had a huge night of drinking whilst pregnant (new years eve, day before AF was due and test came up negative)... Baby would have only been 4 weeks so I take comfort knowing that (as a PP has said) the placenta would not have formed and therefore no real harm done. Haven't had a drop since ... And it's definitely challenging. No point having a wine for me - I'm a cocktail gal and they're definitely off limits!!!