+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow, seriously don't stress about it. I haven't had a drink since I've been pregnant, but only because I haven't felt like one, and no other reason. I know two people who'd have a glass a couple of times a week throughout their pregnancy with no problems (and plenty who would have one every now and then). In fact, looking at babies that were born around that time, those two who drank regularly have (co-incidentally I'm sure) the most alert, happiest babies out of everyone.

It takes a lot of alcohol to cause a problem with the baby. If you were downing a bottle a day, then I'd be concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't stress and don't feel bad. The amount you had is minimal. With my first I had maybe one or two drinks a couple of times later in the pregnancy and my second I had a drink or two most weekends after about 4 or so months (and FTR I'm not proud of that so don't even bother crucifying me). This time I have gone right off alcohol.

You had a drink or two ONCE. It's not the end of the world and obviously from the guilt you feel you won't be doing it again.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've had 1.5 drinks this pregnancy, one over 3 hours at a wedding at 5 weeks, one half over 2 hours at a leaving do at around 8 weeks. If I feel like it i'll have a little drink while pregnant, I know lots of people abstain but I personally feel it's fine in moderation. Don't beat yourself up

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldnt stress!!
    I found out I was preg a couple of weeks before my 21st and noone knew I was pregnant.I still had a few drinks
    I drank through pregnancy (maybe 6 or so drinks through entire pregnancies)
    Do not beat yourself up

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are so many differing opinions on alcohol in pregnancy. Whilst the official guidelines recommend complete abstinence, 1-2 standard drinks a week is generally considered harmless. The guidelines are there to protect those who are unable to make sensible choices ie. those who drink a bottle of wine in a night cos they haven't had any for 4 months.

I indulge in a small glass of wine probably one a fortnight if that. Midwife fine with that. Was last pregnancy too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are plenty of women out there like me who haven't found out they are pregnant until 20+weeks.

My best friend didn't know - had no symptoms and we had our usual couple of drinks on a Friday night after work and Sunday cocktails by the pool.

No binge drinking though and she stopped drinking when she found out and her daughter turned out fine.

I think we all find something to stress over when we are pregnant, whether it's drinking alcohol or coffee, eating junk food or missing pregnancy vitamins two days in a row.

Its ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The day before I found out I was pregnant I polished off 2/3 of a bottle of wine. Don't beat yourself up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    The day before I found out I was pregnant I polished off 2/3 of a bottle of wine. Don't beat yourself up!
    When I found out I was pregnant with DS#1, I showed up to the doctor's office with a hangover. Not sure what I was expecting the doctor to tell me, but I certainly was expecting to hear that I was pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had two glasses of champagne at my wedding when I was six weeks pregnant with DS.
    I also smoked at least ten cigarettes a day until I found out and still finished the last three in the pack before my blood test to confirm.
    He turned out fine.

Don't stress love.
    Everyone has a different view or opinion but the FACT is that it isn't proven to do any damage to the baby this early.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My friend had a blood test to check if she was pregnant when she was 19. Test came back negative...she went out that night and got completely and utterly plastered to celebrate. She was legless drunk! The doctors rang her a couple of days later to say they accidentally mixed up the tests and she was in fact pregnant. She was not happy and was terrified about what that night out might have done to her unborn child. She went on to have a healthy baby who is now 9yrs old and is sooo unbelievably smart.
    Dont stress.

ETA: *Sigh* Just so people dont get the wrong idea, I am NOT advocating getting plastered when you are pregnant. My friend did not have another drink again after she found out she was pregnant.
    Last edited by London; 10-05-2012 at 16:07.