+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I need a brilliant moisturiser!

I really hope someone can help me - I am in bad need of a GOOD moisturiser. I'm 35 years old and most of my adult life I've had quite oily skin (and prone to problems in my 20's). As a result, I avoided using much moisturiser always as I only ever became more oily and had more break-outs. (even the oil-free ones!)

But these days I'm older and my skin has changed. I now know what it's like to have dry skin on my face! I don't get break-outs anymore - and I'm feeling more adventurous with the use of creams.

Please tell me if you know of one that has given you noticeable results. I used some of my husband's Olay one (it's for women) but I think it's a bit cheap and nasty and not really helping much.

I'd like to look less dried out and a bit more "juicy!" if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Put coconut oil on your skin before going to bed...it leaves your skin so soft and smooth.

It also cleared up my adult acne!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe try moo goo, I know people that swear by it. It's all natural too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    TBH, I'd go to a salon, have a skin analysis and a facial and then use the products they recommend.

We're using Thalgo during my course and have been having facials once a week. My skin has improved so much. Would definitely recommend that brand, but it's salon-only so you could only buy it from a salon, not from a shop...

Then they'd be able to tell you what your skin type is anyway. You may still be oily ("normal" is pretty rare, esp. in Australia), but with age often comes skin dehydration which presents quite like dry skin, but is to do with water content rather than oil content.

Are your pores obvious? Like, if you look in the mirror, can you see them? If you can, then you're not suffering from dry skin. If you can, you likely still have oily, but oil production lessens with age generally anyway, and you might just be getting flaking and dry-feeling spots as a result of dehydration instead (very common in Aust).

Anyway, a therapist will be able to find all this out and find a suitable range for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started using Sukin (can buy from priceline or chemist) and I quite like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The palmers cocoa butter facial moisturiser is great. I love it.Doesnt have that over powering smell either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    The palmers cocoa butter facial moisturiser is great. I love it.Doesnt have that over powering smell either.
    Yes! Best moisturiser ever

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not very luxurious, but at night I use Sorbolene as my face gets really dry. Nothing else is anywhere near as good. In the morning I use Vaseline aloe Vera SPF 15+, or something else with sunscreen.

That Olay cream burns my face. I think it's rubbish.
    Oh and I think my cream choices work, people usually think I'm at least 8 years younger than I really am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really like Olay's Total Effects Daily Moisturiser - I changed to using it a couple of months ago after my sister raved about it and my skin just feels and looks ... better (placebo effect maybe? )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love Clinique Superdefense moisturiser. There are 3 different types - for normal, dry, or combination skin.

I also like Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for dry patches on the face or body. Their lip cream and hand cream are great too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (06-05-2012)