+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Quickest money making

Ok so the inevitable happened and I got my eviction notice, during my break down I got so far behind in rent, I now have until the 15th to come up with almost $2000 so we don't end up on the streets. Money is tight as I took this year off to study and was also in no state to look for work.

I currently have over 20 things listed on both gumtree and Facebook, trying to stay away from eBay as then I have fees to pay, and although I've sold a few items, I'm stuck.

I am continuing to list everything in the house I no longer need but obviously I can't make them sell so I just have to wait.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on how to get money quick? Whether it be through more places to sell or organisations that will help.

Getting a job at this point is not possible as school takes up all my spare time plus DD no longer sees her dad and has started therapy so I have constant appointments, plus my mental state right now is a mess again, I'm only just holding it together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Have you taken the centrelink loans? That would make up some of the payment. Also the clean energy advance is coming soon.
    I'm not sure if Nils and step Up loans can be used for this sort of thing but might be worth looking into?
    Could you get in touch with a tenancy advocacy service in your area? They could possibly advocate on your behalf and try to negotiate paying the amount owing off.
    Apart from that all i can think of is getting in touch with charties for as much help as possible. Even just for food vouchers then you can put that bit extra in the way of money towards the rent.
    Or what about seeing a social worker at centrelink? They might be able to refer you to services that can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there anyone at all you can get a loan from?

Other than that, I'd be ringing vinnies and the salvos and asking their advice. If they can give you food stamps or something, at least you could then use the money you would have spent on food, towards the rent.

what about a garage sale?

Have you spoken to centerlink about how they might be able to assist.

I really wish I could help you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have family you can ask for a loan? I think centrelink may do loans for this kind of thing? Do you have someone you can sharehouse with until you get back on your feet? GBHs.. I know how hard it can be studying with a little one and trying to make ends meet on your own, i was just fortunate when sh!t fell apart i had friends i could live with xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get up to $850 from Centrelink from a parenting payment advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what state are you in?

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you thought about deferring your studies? I know you said you have a lot of appointments etc for your DD but maybe you can arrange for them to be at more "workable" hours (surely there are working parents out there whose children go to appointments too) and get yourself a job so that you can get yourself out of this hole.

Do you have somewhere to go if you do end up evicted?

Personally, I would be getting myself employment and getting back into the good books with this rental so that I am able to rent elsewhere in the future. If they do end up evicting you, your chances of finding somewhere are considerably diminished ...

Do you have much time left on your lease? How big is the house you are renting? Is there a chance you could go to a 1 bedroom unit from there? Even saving a little in rent each week adds up to a lot over the course of a year.

We're moving when our lease is up to a 3 bedroom house, possibly even a 2 bedroom. That way, we can have the girls in one room, DS in the other and we will either sleep in the third bedroom or lounge depending on where we move to. The saving in rent will be phenomenal and get us so much closer to where we want to be, financially.

Hope you can find a solution soon ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk to your realestate, explain the situation, sometimes they will let you go on a payment plan to catch up community aid in your area often do interest free loans

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be looking for a StepUp loan to see if they could help out. The other agencies like Salvos St Vinnies etc might be able to either help out with rent money or advocate on your behalf so you don't have to move. As PP's said if you get evicted then it's going to be EXTREMELY hard to ever rent a place again.

Other option is applying to the Tribunal in your state to pay off your rental arrears whether you're evicted or not- if you do end up evicted and you apply for a payment arrangement then your name is removed from any tenancy databases.