+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What to charge?

So im going to do hair for a wedding in august for a friend- not a close friend but i have done her hair for a while, only thing is i will have to drive 2 hrs away and back, im not invited to reception so dont particuarly want to stay and pay accomadation. (ill be 6 months pregnant at the time and if decide i need to stay i will find/pay for accom) Im wondering what i should charge extra for the travel? Price per k? Per hour? Im only making about $250 out of the hair itself so feel i should charge something since she is so adamant that i do it, she isnt excatly having a budget wedding either but i want to be fair. I just keep getting taken advantage of and feel a bit ripped off with my wedding clients lately.

What does everything consider fair?
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think $500 all up is a fair deal.... petrol , your time and given your pregnant ! The salon I work in we charge $120 per head so given there is her and couple of maids and even mums I think she's getting a ripper deal at $500!!
    What were you thinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you really want to do it? Tell her at 6 months pregnant it's going to be to much on you. If she really wants you to do it then she will have to come to you.

I would only do that if you don't want to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think 50cents per km is fair, and possibly even a bit more to make up for the time you are losing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont really want to know but i told her i would and shes been planning it for so long, im just not gonna shortchange myself like i did with a wedding yesterday that i flew in for and now feel super unappreciated.
    I wasnt going to charge for travel initially and just do it but im gonna ask for more and being that we aee 3 months out she still has time to find someone else.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay my dog walkers 74c a km. i would absolutely expect to pay someone if I asked them to travel 2 hrs - I would pay them the km allowancefor using their vehicle plus their hourly rate for their time. In a situation like yours I'd probably also give a large tip as good hairdressers are hard to find & terrible wedding hair is a day ruiner!!

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For our wedding 3 years ago, we paid 50c per kilometer travelled for our photographer, video etc. I think it's a fair price and to be expected. If people don't want to pay they will find services closer to their wedding venue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had our wedding 2 hours from where my hairdresser was located. We paid what it cost for the hair itself and then she charged a call out fee of $60. All up for me and my bridesmaid it cost $280.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If its just her hair and the hair will be $250 just for her I would charge another $100 on top for travel. So $350 all up.
    Obviously more if you are doing extra people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The ATO mileage claim rates are between 63c and 75c per kilometer so I wouldn't charge less than that for the mileage, then I'd charge at least $25ph for my driving time.