+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the tax laws on salary sacrificing have changed recently. Not sure what the new rules are but I know it needs to be displayed on payment summaries at the end of the financial year now & reported to the ATO.

Don't know about centrelink sorry.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i think you are right 2Bboys - the contribution cap has been reduced adn I think that also filtures down to SS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby's salary has a 2.5% super contribution from him ( as well as 9% from company). Im guessing your hubby is the same. So it is them ( volunterring..though compulsory often contributing..only on salary not required on wage). Was very upset end of last year when hubby got bonus $6k and after tax(lots) super took over $500 as it was a %. t seems your hubby on same contribution thingy. His wage is what it is before HIS contribution. So I would give the amount before....sucks as never will see contribution due to bad markets( I was so upset over the bonus as we needed that money).

Similar Threads

1. Super dooper important question ...
    By 2Bboys in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 18:56
  2. I'm confused about centerlink.... Who isn't.
    By Harliben in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-07-2012, 18:24
  3. Smart Salary
    By another1 in forum Parents in the Armed Forces
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-12-2011, 11:38