+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I'm confused, salary, super and centerlink question..

I'm hoping someone will be able to clear something up for me, DF gets paid a salary his pay slip says this total amount. I'm confused because they take his super out of this salary, now my question in
    S..when giving centerlink an income estimate do I include his super or not??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Super shouldn't be coming out of his salary though, should it? Isn't it meant to be an additional 9%? Or is he contributing addidtional super from his pay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd include it if you're not sure. Better to overestimate than under.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Super shouldn't be coming out of his salary though, should it? Isn't it meant to be an additional 9%? Or is he contributing addidtional super from his pay?
    No no additional super.

He was told his wage was xyz a day but when we ask why his actual in hand pay seemed to be less we were told that xyz included super..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They're doing their payslips wrong, there should be this pay & ytd figures for his wage & a seperate amount for super. If it's all lumped in it will probably mean they are taxing him on his super, I'd be looking into it ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    They're doing their payslips wrong, there should be this pay & ytd figures for his wage & a seperate amount for super. If it's all lumped in it will probably mean they are taxing him on his super, I'd be looking into it ASAP.
    I agree. It doesn't sound right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report his gross salary better be safe than sorry.

And other have said follow up and make sure the employee isn't ripping him off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    I am quiet sure they are taxing him on the lower amount only.

So I guess since your income estimate with centerlink is taxable income I should use the lower amount?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I am quiet sure they are taxing him on the lower amount only.

So I guess since your income estimate with centerlink is taxable income I should use the lower amount?
    Yup, I would use the amount he pays tax on.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh double check his pay slip and set up.

total package = wages + super.

salary sacrifise/packaging = amount he automaticall takes out of his wage and adds to super in additional to the 9% his employer contributes to super.

taxable income = I believe is wages LESS salary sacrifise (definately DO not pay tax on super)

reportable amount = taxable income LESS any salary sacrifise PLUS bonuses I think?

But it does sound dodgy if they are saying his WAGE includes super - his package can include super buts its a flat 9% of his WAGE. Is he on an hourly rate or a salary or what?