+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default timber rocking chair or gliding chair

Do you know where I can buy a timber rocking/glider chair? Also, are they any good?

At baby shops I only see metal ones, like Valco brand and even though they are very comfy, they are quite expensive.

I see some timber ones on ebay but find no online reviews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got one off Factory Fast with a rocking ottoman reasonably cheap. I bought it after I stopped BFing DS but will use it to BF #2. We used it to soothe DS a lot though. It's a Salvatore Angelotti brand. It smelled funny when it first arrived (like it has just been put together) but that disappeared within a couple of days. It's surprisingly comfy, esp with a small cushion at my lower back. The fabric is a bit "meh" but that wasn't an issue for me. If you're handy with a sewing machine I would have thought it'd be easy enough to make a cover for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a timber rocking chair when I was pregnant with my first.. Sooo uncomfortable I never used it. Would definately go with a glider

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given a glider chair as a baby shower gift.

I had not planned on getting one.. Now you wouldn't get me out of it!!

I love it.. It's amazing!

Pretty sure it was bought from the pram warehouse but I've seen them in various places

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joc84 View Post
    I was given a glider chair as a baby shower gift.

I had not planned on getting one.. Now you wouldn't get me out of it!!

I love it.. It's amazing!

Pretty sure it was bought from the pram warehouse but I've seen them in various places
    Do you know the brand?

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I purchased a wooden feeding glider chair for $50 on ebay (I am not sure of the brand)- it was absolutely fabulous- I placed it in baby's room and used it for every single feed for the first year. I can't wait to use it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty sure mine is a Valco glider - absolutley FLOGGED it with my daughter... Thought i wouldn't use it as much with my twins but still has come in quite handy more than once so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got a wooden glider chair secondhand for $40 or so - i think it was through gumtree or similar.
    I have also seen them in furniture stores, just regular furniture stores - the baby stores seem to all do the metal frame ones these days.
    I like mine, i didn't use it much with bub as i preferred being on the couch to breastfeed but it did come in handy sometimes and i use it all the time now (just as a reading chair).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I got a wooden glider chair secondhand for $40 or so - i think it was through gumtree or similar.
    I have also seen them in furniture stores, just regular furniture stores - the baby stores seem to all do the metal frame ones these days.
    I like mine, i didn't use it much with bub as i preferred being on the couch to breastfeed but it did come in handy sometimes and i use it all the time now (just as a reading chair).
    Thanks for the tip! I might look into regular furniture stores. Any suggestions of shops to try?

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Unfortunately i can't remember the names of the furniture stores i saw them in, sorry.