+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Medicated or Natural Cycle... Help?!!?

Hi ladies,
    Started this thread as I feel like my fs is very text book & I asked which is better (I thought medicated) he said there conflicting information but he said we should go natural?

A little back ground on our situation - my DH has abnormal sperm morphology, there's nothing wrong with me as far as we are aware.

I had EPU done & a 2day transfer in March- we were 'lucky'' and became pregnant, during the tww I was on 8% crinone @ night..... I got the BFP they told me to stop taking it!
    2 weeks later I miscarried :-(

I'm so afraid or it happening again I feel like the meds are like a comfort blanket for me but I'm happy to do natural also (also means I can poas this time!!!)

Fs said this time if I want meds he'll prescribe persessaries or something, no idea what these are or if they really help.......

Please help, as you can see VERY CONFUSED

Oh one last thing, my clinic only tests hcg, should I ask they check progesterone this time too?

Sorry for the novel! :-)

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Martcc, it's all so confusing isn't it!

This fet cycle, i've done a medicated cycle. I have pcos and although its very mild, i think they went with this to be on the safe side. I took estradoil (which is basically a high dose of the pill) which the nurse said basically tricks your body into thinking you are pregnant so you don't ovulate. Then 5 days before transfer, started on the progesterone pessaries twice a day (which do the same thing as crinone i think). I had a chemical last time, so i think the progesterone helps prevent miscarriage. I'm meant to stay on the progesterone till 14 weeks if i do get pregnant.

Maybe you could just go on progesterone to give you peace of mind? I think there are mixed thoughts on it because if you already produce enough, you don't need extra. But i don't think having extra in your system does you any harm.

You should get your FS to better explain it to you, i hate it when i hear of dr's sort of dismissing people and not giving them all the info. This is our lives they are playing with!!

If you are worried about another miscarriage (as i was) you could go on the progesterone for the first 3 months to help prevent it? thats what my fs said, but as you know, they all give different advice!

Best of luck this time! When is your transfer scheduled?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing! We are looking at a nonmed this time apart from ususl.crinone I guess x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did a non med for both Frozen transfers as nothing was wrong on my behalf. First one was a chemical preg and second one ended up with a live birth of our beautiful baby girl.
    Personally my opinion is if you are all ok what will be will be. If the embie is strong enough it will make it. Sorry if that's sounds a bit harsh I know how it feels to be thinking was there something more we could of done but in this case I think I would be trusting the FS.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies :-)

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....