+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default What was your best gift when you turned 30?

Or.. what are you hoping for when you turn 30?

I have a very close girlfriend who will be celebrating her 30th next month. She doesn't have a partner, but her family are very close (and have a dollar to spare, so she will be getting something cool off them, no doubt.)

There will be me and 3 or 4 others all putting in $100 or so (maybe a bit more?) to get her a birthday present- something she will keep and remember.. but we're not sure what?

So far I have had ideas like
    * A Pandora Bracelet
    * Some Art for her house- she owns, but was saying to me the other day although she wants to do the place up a bit- paint, change things around etc, she doesn't know where to start, what colours would look good etc.
    * I thought of maybe hiring a photographer friend to come around the night of her party and take picture of us (been best friends for about 13 years now) getting ready, and then some of her party as well?

But I really don't know?! So I'm asking- when you turned 30- what was a really awesome present you received (or if you're not 30 yet, maybe something you got for your 21st would be relevant?)

HELP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The photographer sounds awesome!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def the photographer. Every Tom, D!ck & Harry has a pandora bracelet (I'm biased though, I don't like them) & unless you know what she plans on doing with the house, the art option while a great idea, is a risky one.

But the photographer is an awesome, unique & I reckon really special idea. I would have loved that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the idea of art work (I'd let her choose) or the photographer.

I got an awesome leather bag for my 30th and loved it! Also a hot air balloon ride but not been able to use that yet. Great gifts though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (06-05-2012)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ooh thanks that's a good idea... Maybe we can put in a bit more each and get her a high end handbag or something (not like we can afford LV, but still...!)

I have a very good idea of her tastes etc regarding the artwork, and would never buy something if the store didn't have a return policy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a voucher from Tiffany and co so could pick something i loved, pandora is pretty common now. I LOOOVE the photographer idea!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend turns 30 this month. She travels a lot so I asked her for 6 of her favourite photos from her travels and am getting them made into cork placemats for her table. She's a table nazi and won't let you put anything on it unless its on a mat or coaster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister and her best friend got each other a pearl pendant for their 30ths, with the idea that one day they'll be old ladies wearing their pearls together

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the photographer idea!

Some friends and I put in to get another friend a tattoo voucher for her 30th (that was something she'd be talking about). Ummm, I got sewing lessons from my friends as they knew my parents were buying me a sewing machine (turns out I suck at sewing but that's a separate matter lol).
    Another friend was about to go travelling so a group of us put in for an ipod touch and some other things I can't remember now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bestie and DH got me a skydive when I turned 30. Same bestie and a few others put together a photobook of years' worth of photos when I turned 40. Loved both gifts