+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Want to meet mandurah mums

Hi my name is Ashleigh and I am 23 and have recently moved to Mandurah with my DP and our DD (14 months). I am looking to meet other mums in the area as my DP works FIFO and I am finding it hard to meet new people. I am also new to this site so hope this is in the right place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ashleigh!

I'm in Waikiki, which is just one train stop away :-P I'm new to the area too. I'm 28, originally from NZ, and have an 8 month old bubba girl :-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi how are you finding the move? Your bubba must be gorgeous they are great at that age. Would you be interested in meeting for a coffee some time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ash,

I used to live in Mandurah when DD was little and there are lots of activities for mums and bubs. There are also lots of mums around your age in the area plus so many FIFO wives.

Check out the PlaygroupWA website to find local playgroups. Some people find the playgroup in their local suburb is not a 'fit' for them, so try ones in the surrounding burbs (there's one in nearly every suburb down there) until they find one they are comfortable at.

Also the main library and the one at Falcon both offer baby rhyme time. Also things like the baby gym classes at the rec centre if you want to pay for something.

Speak to the Maternal health centre (next to the hospital) as they will know of any other social activities in the area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ash,
    welcome to Mandurah

I currently live in Mandurah, soon will
    Be moving to Pinjarra which is about 15mins out of Mandurah. There is a lot of things to do in Mandurah (when the weather is nice). I have a two & half year old boy & 23weeks pregnant with a girl. If you would like to chat private message me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretched thanks so much for all the info. Really appreciate it. Sounds like there are loads of things to do, much better than where I was before.

Mummytopeanut thanks I will do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Changethestars,
    Me and DP have recentley moved to Waikiki from QLD, and I am looking for local mums for a catch up, laugh and coffee. We have a 2.5 yr old and one on the way so if you were interested in meeting someone in yr area, Im here. Havent quite mastered the PM thing. Says I am unable to do it. But send a message and I'll look out for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ashleigh

My name is Siobhan and I was looking at your posts and I am currently in the same position you were in. I guess im just wondering have you joined a play group in this area and if so would you recommend any to me. My son is 8 months old so a group that would suit his age. Also is there a waiting period before you can join a group or can you just show up and join?
    Im from Ireland and have no friends or family around here so im very new to all this.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siobhan, do you have a car?? I meet with a really lovely group in Rockingham quite regularly, very welcoming to new people, totally informal (just a bunch of mummas, no fees or leaders or stuff like that). You'd be more than welcome to come up and meet with us, I think we even had a Mandurah mummy join us recently - PM me if you're interested :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Check out this facebook page, only created today! =)
    http://www.facebook.com/youngmumsmandurah