+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you and your siblings buy birthday/Xmas presents for each other?

Do you and your siblings buy birthday/xmas presents for each other? How about your other half and their siblings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, we don't, except for one BIL (husband's brother) who lives close and buys for our birthdays.

We don't buy for my brothers or sisters or DH's younger brother who lives in Ireland.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep! All gifts are adressed from DP and I, so we don't have to double up buying gifts for everyone.
    My brother usually gets a $50 giftcard of somekind, I put more thought into my sisters gift but that's just because she has more interests then just Xbox
    We also buy for DP's sister and brother. Aswell as eachother and both sets of parents. That's all the adults we buy for, though I usually bake/craft other little gifts from grandparents/aunts/uncles etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We definitely do , partners too, DH,s siblings ( or parents don't!) they just buy for kids but since we have had DS , he ( me !) buys them something as I think it's important to teach him to give presents , not just get them

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me and my brother.....Birthdays, always. The last few Chrismas's's's's we decided to cancel eachother out and not buy anything, but I still get him something small and he hates it. Made him a hamper last year and he said "right thats it, Im not believing this 'we arent buying presents this year' thing you keep saying because every year you get me something and I feel bad. B***h." LOL

DP usually gets his sister something for both but we didnt do Xmas presents last year as everyone was pinching pennies.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We buy birthday present for each other but not Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Yes I always buy a present for my sister for birthdays and Christmas and she does the same for me.

We (and I mean me as DH is hopeless at buying presents) used to buy DH's sister a Christmas present but not birthday as she would never buy him anything. But we don't have contact with her anymore so won't have to buy anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birthdays - Nope, never. On both sides.We do buy Xmas gifts but we have a family agreement that all gifts are charity donations. We usually buy the Oxfam gift cards.
    Last edited by MissMuppet; 05-05-2012 at 22:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For Christmas, My immediate family does a $50 Secret Santa. Us kids will get our parents a birthday gift. Last year when DS came along (and each of my siblings had babies too) I asked that no one buy me or DH b'day presents anymore but we'll buy for the babies instead.

DH's family is his responsibility For both birthdays & Christmas ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have four siblings and only my youngest sister lives in the same state so we buy her a present. Df only has a sister who we buy for also as she lives close by.
    I'm sure if my siblings lived closer we would

And we always buy presents at Christmas as we all get together for family xmas