+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have to to say you are a better person then me for keeping you cool if someone hit one of my boys I would go off my clock and if DH was there it would be worse, I think you did the right thing being so polite you must have some saint in you or something wow.
    I hope there is a camera or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read the whole thread OP but i applaud you for your restraint... There is no way in hell i would have let that woman away with hitting my child. That said i dont know what i would have done, possibly engaged in a passive aggressive conversation asking her if she thinks its ok to hit children etc... She most likely hits her own child and she ounds lke she has a dirty mouth and could do with some parening tips...

Im so sorry you and your DS experienced this.

God im mad even typing this reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe someone would smack another persons kid..really weird woman to do that..

I probably would have loved to punch her..but wouldn't have ..coz I wouldn't want to look as dumb as her..

call police is a great idea!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My blood boils reading that I would have punched her in the face. NOBODY touches my child what a mole

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs P For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    I'd be asking the manager for surveillance footage and having her charged with assault.
    ^^ Me too!!

Such disgusting behaviour on the other womans part, how dare she!

I remember once an old lady grabbed DD on the arm as she was running in front of me and pointed in her face saying "Dont you run off on your mother young lady" I was livid, i said " Dont you DARE think you can discipline my child im quite capable of this" In which the old lady replied "She needs a good smack across the bottom" argh seriously all she was doing was skipping ahead and singing!

My DS can be quite nasty & pushy in the playground, I am forever apologising to other mums, 98% of which will just laugh and say dont worry about it, kids will be kids mine are the same etc etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I'd have followed her to the carpark and written down the numberplate; informed the manager and called the police! That is not on to hit someone else's kid.

I hope they have surveillance footage that is useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow... I probably would have ended up with assault charges against me if it had been my child she hit... I possibly need some anger management counselling!

I hope you're able to follow it through with the video footage. It was common law assault - common law assault can include things like standing over a person and yelling etc, so a smack on the hand is definitely covered!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What a horrible person

I don't honestly know what I would have done. I get pretty riled up if someone tells my kid off, let alone hit him!

Yesterday at the museum a 2 year old screamed at and whacked my 5yo DS. I know what 2 year olds are like so I just said (in a calm voice) "no hitting, kids". DS was a bit cross, so I just said "he's just a little boy, don't worry about it". Honestly, it didn't bother me much. Two year olds are funny little things.

That woman sounded like a total feral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are definitely cameras in Playland, it's for safety reasons.

Sounds bad and definitely not setting a good example but I would have given her a swift punch to the face and asked her how she liked it, I wouldn't have been able to help it.
    Then had a good talk to my DD's telling them both myself and her did the wrong thing and that you don't intentionally hurt anyone.

What a fcuking b!tch!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Yeah I will be giving them a call this morning. Im not sure if there are camera's in the play area, but its worth finding out I guess.
    Though knowing our local law enforcement, I dont think they will charge her for assault after smacking a child on the hand.
    Yet I do agree I have to do something because it was humiliating for me and DS too and I felt like the worst mum because my son accidentally hurt this child
    I'm sorry Hun I have just had the chance to reply now huge big coming to you and your son. What an utter disgrace that women is, I don't know really how I would have handled it tbh, I would have wanted to slap her around but then would have thought like you about the kids.
    I would most certainly be reporting it to the police no matter what, call the McDonalds and see if they have CCTV. I'd also contact you local paper or even ACA to notify them as they may want to write an article, give them a description of the women etc. Bring this lady out into the publics eye an see how quickly she runs for cover, it also give a chance for your side of the story to be told.

I'm really speechless tbh.