+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Unhappy If a stranger smacks your child....

What would you do?

I took DS to Maccas this morning for a play. He had been a good boy at the shops, so I thought I'd buy him an icecream as a reward.
    He was playing in the outside play area and all was well. I was sitting on the bench inside that area and watched him run around with a bunch of other kids. Suddenly I heard this boy crying. Some girl had pushed him and he wanted his mummy. He was somewhere up high in the structure, but you could hear his screaming loud and clear.
    I saw him come down the slide (I was sitting right in front of the opening) followed directly by DS. His mum was waiting for him as she heard him cry and wanted to console him.
    Unfortunately DS got carried away a bit and at his age, he doesn't know that he has to wait until the other child has left, before he goes down the slide.

So DS came down the slide (not fast as it was a fairly low and short slide) and accidentally pushed the boy in the back. As he was already upset, he started screaming and crying even louder
    I said to DS to say sorry to the little boy. DS walks upto him saying "sowwy" over and over and then stretches out his hand to gently touch him to see if the boy is ok. His mum then smacks (pretty hard with a red print afterwards) DS's hand away and tells him to "bugger off!"
    DS in turn gets upset as he didn't understand what he did wrong to deserve a smack on his hand. He was apologizing like I asked him to
    (There wasn't really a need for an apology as DS didn't do it on purpose and accidents happen, but still I thought it was the polite thing to do).
    I said to her that there was no need for her to smack my son. He's only 2 and didn't do it on purpose.
    Her reply:"MY son is 4! Your son is at least 4 too! Dont give me that bulls!t. Your kid is a bully and you know it! Dont go f*cking lying about his age!"

Errrrrr ok.

I put DS's shoes back on and got him that icecream. As we're sitting outside sharing the icecream together, she walks past and says: "yeah, reward that little sh!t!"

I came close to smacking her right back, but there were quite a few kids around and it would set quite a lousy example for DS and the other kids.
    Yet she gave her son a good example. If someone accidentally hurts you, hurt them back

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would've smacked her out! Lol, nah seriously! How rude! People don't have the right to touch your child no matter what the reason..

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow if that was me I probably would have punched her in the face ( yes I know bad bad bad )

I can't believe someone would smack another persons child seriously what a m0le

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG!!! Your poor DS. A big fat hug to him (and you)...

I would be livid... You showed a lot more self control then I would have and damn good on you for setting the example and being an awesome role model for your DS and the other children around!

I bet I know which kid is gonna grow up the better man!

Hugs...

A.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my goodness! I am speechless!!!
    Umm, I probably would have done what you did. To initially say something and then when she reacted in that OTT way to just walk away and ignore it. She seems like an absolute feral and tbh I would have been scared she would hit me. Or gone and got some equally scary boyfriend to yell at me as well .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (05-05-2012),Benji  (06-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh my gawd.

I think i would lose the plot if that happened. i would have alerted the manager i guess! Thats assault isnt it? I would had done my block.

Your poor ds (special needs too right?) thats freaking horrible!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i would have went off my tree!no one touches my kids least of all a stranger.what a complete cow!!thats just wrong on SO many levels.

you only live once...
    but if you do it right ~ once is enough.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    she sounds like a complete feral. I'd probably be too shocked and scared to say anything at all, that is just unbelievable!! Poor you and your poor DS did anyone else see it? Because if I were a bystander I would have definitely said something to her, being a little removed from the situation.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I would be livid and quite tempted to smack her in the mouth myself, being pregnant though, I probably wouldn't have, but I would have told her how pathetic she was before walking off.

to you misschief, what a horrible situation for you and your son, I hope you never have to encounter anything like that again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a feral horrible person. I would be so upset and angry. Maybe you could go to the manager there?

Hugs to you and your little man.