+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Did morning sickness bands work for you?

title says it all really.

Sick of feeling uber crap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean those travel sickness ones??? Because they definately do!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought sea bands, which I assume may be the same thing? I found they didnt work for me, but a friend recommended them as they were a "miracle cure" for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aww, hugs for you, I feel the same at the moment. and time just seems to drag. No i find they didn't work for me to be honest.. wish they did tho. would make life ALOT easier. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately not the way I wanted to. I had *some* degree of success with them for travel sickness - I used them for several boat trips in Bali, where I am sure I would have been head over the side, throwing up the whole way - and I managed to not throw up at all, but still felt terrible and nauseous. I tried them for morning sickness - I didn't throw up with them on, but I still felt incredibly nauseous. In fact, when I took them off after about 4-5 hours, I threw up horrendously - then felt much better after. I wasn't game to try them again after that.

I hope you find something that works for you xx

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No, they did absolutely nothing for me. I even checked with someone trained in acupressure to ensure they were in the right place. They just didn't work for me It sucks.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one when I was pregnant {6 years ago} and it helped keep my food down, but not the nausea.

However, I'd rather have nausea for a few hours than constantly chucking up my breakfast AND nausea.

What I found that really, really helped was a daily dose of Rennie in the mornings. That stuff was my personal crack. I always had a box on me, after popping a tab it stopped the nausea within a few minutes.

It used to have 'recommended calcium supplement for pregnancy' on the box, but I bought a new box recently and it's lacking that bit in the instructions. I hope it's still okay for pregnancy; check with your doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They definitely helped. Didn't make me feel 100% but made me feel better. I only took them off once, when I was going to see a friend and didn't want to tell her I was pregnant yet...gawd I felt like crap without them!! I never took them off again after that.
    Be warned though...it's how my mum knew I was pregnant! She saw the bands and even though I'd never used them previously she knew what they were for and straight out asked me if I was pregnant! So if you haven't told people make sure you keep them covered.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone

Yeah i mean the sea bands someone was saying they were msbands or something.

Desperate this morning i went and got some. Certainly not a miracle cure but helping somewhat.

Thanks for the other suggestions as well. Keen for first tri to be overrrrr.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (31-10-2014)