+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Best thing to take for colds in pregnancy?

Im full of it, cold that is!

Why is it only one nostril and eye runs at a time, never both? Anyways, it's frickin pants. My eyes are *********, my nose is red raw and im feeling very sorry for myself. What do you think is the best thing to take for a common cold in pregnancy? Im sat here with some dissolvable panadol but don't want to take it if there is anything stronger that's going to help knock me out for the night.....

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not sure of any pain relief type stuff, but garlic is really, really good for colds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You're so limited with pregnancy unfortunately . I have had an ear infection and sore throat and the GP would only let me take Panadol for the pain. With colds, I use Fess nasal spray, vapouriser, some eucalyptus on my pjs or singlet (whatever I'm wearing), lemon, honey and water and strepsils (the non anesthetic ones), a good homemade chicken soup with HEAPS of garlic in it, and if you have a sore throat some Cayenne pepper infused in some warm water to sip. I also eat heaps of chilli.

You can't take any cold/flu meds as they usually have pseudoephedrine in them. Some people have nose sprays and get some relief, though that is up to the individual, as technically they don't like you to use those either. You can have panadeine, but that won't knock you out or anything of course, as it's just a pain killer. Sorry, not much help am I, except for the more natural approaches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Warm shower with a bucket of hot water and eucalyptus, sit the bucket in the bitten of the shower and just breath, worked like a charm for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh..some excellent ideas I hadn't thought of!! Thanks so much guys xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hope you get some relief soon, not much fun hon. x