+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help TT my 3yr old son who has speech problems

Hi all I'm just about to start TT ds who turned 3 in November he dosent talk much (older brother use to talk for before starting primary school )
    hence why I'm only starting TT now has anyone had this experience with there child I find it hard to under stand him let alone getting him to tell me if he need to go to the toilet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    just watch for signs rather than him actually telling you or him starting to walk to the toilet

DD is 20mths does not fully talk but you can understand same as when they want anything else food/toy etc
    she is trained for the day starts walking to toilet and I follow ask her does she need to go and its either yes or no

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with oh dear. Or you could actually teach him a sign for toilet - in baby sign they usually sign "t" which is just like pointing with your right hand to the open flat palm of your left. Every time you say toilet make the sign at the same time.

Similar Threads

1. Speech Delay??
    By starla in forum Development Stages
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 20:39
  2. Spin-off to speech thred: Toungue Curl problems?
    By Ellewood in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2012, 15:56
  3. 17 month old speech
    By crunchie in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-12-2011, 09:32