+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling useless

My husband works away all week but even though we don't live together, he is only an hour 15 mins away if I leave from my work to go see him, plus he gets home (my home) about 7:30am every Friday night then leaves for his unit after lunch on Sundays so we still spend alot of time together considering we don't live in the same house.
    Because we are running 2 households we couldn't afford to continue IUI cycles and living in 2 separate houses makes it hard to arrange "samples" to be taken to the lab first thing before an IUI so have agreed to put treatment off until we are living together again which worst case will be end of July/early August.
    Also I took out PHI for IVF (if need be) and the waiting period is up in September.
    In the mean time though I am feeling really useless, I do not ovulate on my own but did every single cycle I was on clomid last year....
    What I want to know is, is it only a FS who can prescribe clomid or can normal GPs as well or even a gynecologist, just so I feel like we are doing something productive whole we wait to be able to start full blown treatment again.
    I figure we may as well be giving it a good go because as of today I am on CD62 with no ovulation in sight
    Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would it be possible to live together as that may make things easier? Some Gp's will prescribe clomid, its best to call around and ask. Timing of dtd is so important on clomid, it would be really really hard not living with your DP.

Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still have to work too so unless one of us drives 1.5hours to work and back every day it's too hard to live in the same house. We also have pets which he can not have in his unit. I know it sounds silly but that is what works for us at the moment. I usually go up on Tuesday arvos, stay the night then go to work Wednesday mornings and he comes home Friday nights. I know it sounds silly considering what I have just said but if I knew for sure I was ovulating I would be more then willing to do more then one mid week trip.
    I agree it would be easier but it's what we have to do to pay the bills right now.

In an ideal world I would ovulate on weekends :lol:
    Maybe it is just better to wait until the end of the year