Closed Thread
Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    adden, what a pain.... especially as you are looking after yourself diet wise... Whats an SC?

Had my first dream of me actually holding my baby last night ( I wont mention that I left it on the bonnet of the car or anything ) Didn't reveal if its was a boy or girl though... bummer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Warning - The following post is just a big vent.

So I am just having one of those down days that I think we all get at times. We are in the middle of renovating our house and had just started the babies room, so we had cleared everything out and the stuff that was in there (cot etc. was spread through the rest of the house) which was fine. Then DH got a new job and is currently on a week off in between jobs, because we also need to do some reno's to our bathroom (we need to add a laundry section)we thought he would be better off doing that whilst he is off work. SO now I have all the stuff from the babies room and the bathroom spread throughout my house, including things like the new wardrobes for bubs room, and the mess is driving me totally insane, I feel like it's eating me and I can't escape.

I am sick of cooking and cleaning up from dinner every night of the week, even this week with DH off it seems that it's my responsibility to cook and clean up from dinner. I don't get home from work until 5:30ish and by the time I cook dinner and wash up from dinner (don't have a dishwasher) I am just exhausted and can't be bothered doing anything else. I am under instruction from both my OB and psychiatrist to be walking at least 4 times a week and I am simply not getting any opportunity to do that. Then DH wonders why I have no desire to DTD with him. I know he is busy too but I'm pregnant, couldn't he just step it up for a couple of months.

I am also sick of him eating whatever he wants whenever he wants when I am having to live on rabbit food to make sure I don't put any weight on. My SIL's who are pregnant also are bragging about how they get to eat all this nice stuff and my diet consists of veggie sticks, yoghurt, leftovers and grilled meat and veggies. I now no longer fit most of my clothes and feel like a big fat heffalump.

OK, I think I'm done now. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    SL- When do you finish up with the clexane? I think I finished mine about week 13. Had 3 days off then had to start taking cartia tablets.

ETA - GTT = Glucose Tolerance Test - the test for gestational diabetes, usually done around 26 weeks.
    Oh, thanks for that...umm my appointment with my OB is on 14th Aug, I will be 13 weeks exactly and we will be discussing what medication I will be continuing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Nala9000;6726951]adden, what a pain.... especially as you are looking after yourself diet wise... Whats an SC?

yeah, that was a iPhone auto correct - I meant CSec - don't know why it changed it!!!

Oh, Grebbeci - I feel your pain!!!!
    Vent away! My DH is generally good, so I can't imagine him not being helpful. Im very blessed. He is away at the moment though, so I'm doing it all. I am glad its only a one off and not all the time. I don't think I could cope!

You are renovating.. that is insane! Please take it easy when you can. Can you rest during the day? is that possible in your job??

I also know what you mean about eating - I can't really eat any carbs, sugar or fruit as I'm trying to be so careful with GD. We should all get together and make a big healthy banquet then everyone would want to come and eat with us

You are not a big fat heffalump - you are pregnant!!!!!!!!!
    Hopefully your DH will lift a finger and help you out.
    If you didn't cook and clean maybe he would get the idea! Sometimes they need a little nudge

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

Grebbeci  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    adden, what a pain.... especially as you are looking after yourself diet wise... Whats an SC?

Had my first dream of me actually holding my baby last night ( I wont mention that I left it on the bonnet of the car or anything ) Didn't reveal if its was a boy or girl though... bummer
    Lol!!! Strange!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Warning - The following post is just a big vent.

So I am just having one of those down days that I think we all get at times. We are in the middle of renovating our house and had just started the babies room, so we had cleared everything out and the stuff that was in there (cot etc. was spread through the rest of the house) which was fine. Then DH got a new job and is currently on a week off in between jobs, because we also need to do some reno's to our bathroom (we need to add a laundry section)we thought he would be better off doing that whilst he is off work. SO now I have all the stuff from the babies room and the bathroom spread throughout my house, including things like the new wardrobes for bubs room, and the mess is driving me totally insane, I feel like it's eating me and I can't escape.

I am sick of cooking and cleaning up from dinner every night of the week, even this week with DH off it seems that it's my responsibility to cook and clean up from dinner. I don't get home from work until 5:30ish and by the time I cook dinner and wash up from dinner (don't have a dishwasher) I am just exhausted and can't be bothered doing anything else. I am under instruction from both my OB and psychiatrist to be walking at least 4 times a week and I am simply not getting any opportunity to do that. Then DH wonders why I have no desire to DTD with him. I know he is busy too but I'm pregnant, couldn't he just step it up for a couple of months.

I am also sick of him eating whatever he wants whenever he wants when I am having to live on rabbit food to make sure I don't put any weight on. My SIL's who are pregnant also are bragging about how they get to eat all this nice stuff and my diet consists of veggie sticks, yoghurt, leftovers and grilled meat and veggies. I now no longer fit most of my clothes and feel like a big fat heffalump.

OK, I think I'm done now. Just needed to get that off my chest.
    You poor thing....vent away! I'm in the same boat with dinner and washing up as my dishwasher is broken! DH hasn't been that bad, but he doesn't have the week off!! Just ask...I asked my DH to help me with the dishes the other night and he did it straight away...if I don't ask however I'm cleaning the kitchen by myself for an hour!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH used to be fine before I was PG. He used to cook a couple of nights a week usually. I think there is one of 2 things going on, option 1, because I don't really 'look' pregnant yet and can't feel bub yet he seems to think that there isn't really much happening and that I am just making excuses. Option 2 is that he has just gone all caveman on me trying to get the 'cave' ready for when baby actually arrives, which has made him really single focussed. Maybe a combination of both.

Adden - Yes renovating is a bad idea when pregnant. Mess is incompatible with the storng nesting urges I have . However we need a laundry before bubby arrives as we are using cloth nappies and that would be hard without a laundry setup. What's funny is that I was a heffalump before I was pregnant too and whilst I didn't like it I could live with it, I haven't put any weight on yet but the increasing size is doing my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Ok so I am having a mild freak out. 13 weeks today and when I had my NT scan last week they told me I have 1 in 475 chance of baby being downs. They believe it is high for my age but not high risk. SHould I have amnio?
    I thought anything higher than 1 in 300 was fine...which would make 475 ok...but I don't know too much about it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Ok so I am having a mild freak out. 13 weeks today and when I had my NT scan last week they told me I have 1 in 475 chance of baby being downs. They believe it is high for my age but not high risk. SHould I have amnio?
    The risk of miscarriage from an amnio is around 1:150. so you have much less chance of having a downs baby than what you would of having complications from an amnio. We were given a risk of 1:255 which put us into the high risk category but we are not having an amnio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with grebecci - as the risk of m/c is greater with an amino whatever our results we won't be having one...