Closed Thread
Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Thanks adden, I must say it is the gross out factor that has put me off them too! I didn't know they came with disposable liners though - does that help make it less messy??

I would love some more info on them if you don't mind? Which ones would you recommend, are some better than others?
    This is the thing....so they have disposable liners??? Are they like pads?? I assume you don't just put pooey nappies straight in the washing machine!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to add another comment about c-sections.... As an example one of my friends had an agonizing 18 hour labour then ended up having a c-section...she had an elective with her 2nd and was much happier! Another of my friends had no medication and baby number one and two out within 2 hours! How different we all are! Whatever our choices, let's just pray that we all have our healthy happy babies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And in other news I'm starting to feel really sick like fluey so I've taken the day off today! Still in bed...should probably get up and have some brekkie!

Oh and I'm 11 weeks TODAY! Only one week and one day until scan time xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To all those wanting more info on modern cloth nappies. Check out darlingsdownunder.com.au
    They have heaps of information on what modern cloth is and it's difference to the old terry towelling ones. They also explain the differences between all the modern cloth nappies (and trust me there are a lot of different types out there)
    You can buy starter packs from there too that have a number of different styles in a number of different brands so you can try a few brands out on your bub, it seems that much like disposables some MCNs are better for some babies than others. And they do online laybuy that's what we are going to do, laybuy a couple of different starter packs and go from there once bubs comes along.
    SL- The disposable liners are not thick like pads. They are quite thin sheets that go in the nappy that allow the moisture from number 1's to go through but catch the solids from number 2's, and then the liner just goes in the toilet. Bamboo liners are becoming quite popular.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCN's
    ok, so the liner is really thin (really thin) and you can just pick it up with the poop in it and flush it down the toilet! If he misses the liner I have a spray gun attached to my toilet that I just squirt the remainder off. It sounds gross, but its really not too bad. the worse part about it is the nappy bucket (you don't soak them, just dry bucket) as it can get a bit smelly. But you get used to that too and you can put smelly stuff made for nappies to put in the bucket.

Apparently you are 'meant' to flush poop off disposables too. yeah, people don't do that!

as far as brands go.. what I did was bought 2 of different sorts. Not only are there many brands, but there are 2 styles too. There are pocket (where the liners are stuffed inside a sewn in pocket) or the all in one (where the liner is actually folded and it kinda clicks in and thats not enclosed in any way) I prefer pocket (although harder to wash as you have to pull the liners out) but everyone is different
    Some people like to stick to a brand, I have lots of brands cause I like all the cool designs you can get (I have NYC taxi cabs, Spiderman, veggie tales, spongebob, and a lot more and it makes it fun to use them - esp in summer when they just walk around in a nappy and a tank... soooo cute!) Saying that, my fav brand is rumparooz (not sure how easy they are to get any more.. an american company) but they are the BEST!

I went to Facebook and typed in modern cloth nappies. I 'liked' a lot of pages and you can get some great deals and you are supporting stay at home mums! They have a lot of sales so you don't pay as much in the short term.

I started by going to baby road in perth and buying 3 to try them. I now have over 20 (I haven't counted in a while!)
    Ill take a photo of my stash today and show you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    To all those wanting more info on modern cloth nappies. Check out darlingsdownunder.com.au
    They have heaps of information on what modern cloth is and it's difference to the old terry towelling ones. They also explain the differences between all the modern cloth nappies (and trust me there are a lot of different types out there)
    You can buy starter packs from there too that have a number of different styles in a number of different brands so you can try a few brands out on your bub, it seems that much like disposables some MCNs are better for some babies than others. And they do online laybuy that's what we are going to do, laybuy a couple of different starter packs and go from there once bubs comes along.
    SL- The disposable liners are not thick like pads. They are quite thin sheets that go in the nappy that allow the moisture from number 1's to go through but catch the solids from number 2's, and then the liner just goes in the toilet. Bamboo liners are becoming quite popular.
    Thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow, i didn't realise there were so many options either, it's kinda overwhelming!!
    they do look mega cute though i must say, you can get some gorgeous designs so i can't wait to see your pic!
    so you don't soak them at all in the bucket while waiting to wash them? do you rinse them or just nothing/

Thanks
    Reviews
    nah, no rising or soaking (which is good for drowning risk!) just pop in the wash on a longer cycle than normal with powder that is chemical free to make them last longer (the chemicals kinda eat away at them)
    like I said.. easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many options when it comes to nappies!!! Who would have thought?? Can't wait to work out all the ins and outs of baby products!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate when I feel sick in my head....horrible headache coupled with lethargy and a little but of nausea and dizziness...I think this is the worse i've felt so far...and water has been tasting so good lately - but not today - yuck! Have been forcing it down though! Anyone else had feelings like this? What did you do?xx