Closed Thread
Page 96 of 143 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't been feeling quite right lately.. Bit of nausea(not ms), tired, funny feeling in my abdo, all pregnancy type feelings I know but something didn't feel right. Anyway I booked in to see a private midwife a few weeks a go, appt today, feel quite silly being a nurse and asking for a dipstick to check my urine... Yep have UTI, feel quite silly as should have picked it up earlier. Anyway, onto the cranberry and urals hopefully won't require antibiotics. Nice to hear HB and get the all clear from poking and prodding my ather large bump.

Bummer guys re cs talk, I would hope people try to steer clear of controversial topics..now it's lead to horror stories I am personally trying to avoid reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    they are basically a cloth version of a disposable. You can get them with studs or velcro and I add a flushable liner (to catch poops!)
    they have the built in liners and you can add or take out what you don't need.
    the difference is you don't have to worry about folding them and leakage and pins etc. I find them as easy as disposables and it only takes an extra 5 mins a day to use cloth (thats on average)
    I wash every second day (put them on at night and in the dryer or sun to dry in the morning. If you have a routine its so easy.
    I highly recommend them and if you want any more info, let me know. I don't sell them, but I could
    I swore i couldn't use them before i had DS. They grossed me out a bit!
    but he had horrid nappy rash. no disposable or cream helped so i tried MCN's. it cleared in 2 days! He has been in them since he was 6 months old. I still use disposables at night cause he is a heavy wetter. I also have disposables in my nappy bag and when we travel cause the MCN's are bulky.

hope that helped
    sorry for the essay
    Thanks adden!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Het I'm gona step in here re the elective LUSCs topic ( caesarean section). I really do disagree with you guys.its ok to ask for an elective LUsCS. Why are you judging others choices? I had an elective LUSCS for my DD and happy with my choice, as are those women who choose the natural way and have a water birth or opt for no epidural. We all make choices for various reasons and shouldn't be criticized or judged I don't think it's ludicrous at all.
    I work within the medical profession and I see every day the disasterous consequences of labour. Rectal tears so severe women have to wear incontinence pants for the rest of their lives, bladder dysfunction you have to self catherterise, severe hemorrhage from vaginal tears. And the worst ones is where women choose to go to the home birthing units and the midwives are so stubborn they don't recognize that mum and baby are in danger and the women come to hospital with dead babies or so deprived of oxygen they are handicapped. Sorry to put some reality into the thread but hey labour is dangerous and doesn't always end in a happy mum and baby. That's why some choose for elective LUSCS as I did. I personally don't want to tear my undercarriage to shreds and be unable to pass urine or pee for the rest of my life. But hey that's my choice based in what I've seen and dealt with. I commend you who choose the vaginal delivery option but please don't pass judgement on those of us who choose a different option so long as it comes out healthy does it really matter?
    Absolutely agree Gampa and definitely not judging those women who choose c-sections! Of course labour can be so dangerous but a c-section is also a major operation too which at this stage i personally wouldn't want to choise BUT I'm completely naive about birthing options as I haven't been that far down the track yet...at the end of the day whatever is the healthiest option for mum and bubs is the best solution - whether it be natural or c-section. Totally respect anyone's opinion...my SIL had 2 electives...and honestly as I have mild scoliosis and suffer from back pain I may end up choosing a c-section too!! Anyway sorry if I caused any disrespect or judgement - certainly wasn't intended xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Absolutely agree Gampa and definitely not judging those women who choose c-sections! Of course labour can be so dangerous but a c-section is also a major operation too which at this stage i personally wouldn't want to choise BUT I'm completely naive about birthing options as I haven't been that far down the track yet...at the end of the day whatever is the healthiest option for mum and bubs is the best solution - whether it be natural or c-section. Totally respect anyone's opinion...my SIL had 2 electives...and honestly as I have mild scoliosis and suffer from back pain I may end up choosing a c-section too!! Anyway sorry if I caused any disrespect or judgement - certainly wasn't intended xx

No offense taken! Just wanted to put it out there that people choose different options for different reasons . We all have made choices to get pregnant! So we all make choice on how to get the little sucker out! Also wanted to say that labour etc is not all a basket of roses, don't want to tell horror stories, wasn't my intention, but do want to put a bit of reality out here. All im saying is be open to things not going to plan, be aware that which ever way you choose to get the baby out it can have a complication. That's all. Didnt mean offense either but did want to say that we all make choices and if it's a LUSCS then so be it!!cgood luck with your scan , not long now )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone

Beta - i Hope I didn't put you off with the horror story I posted! I should have posted a graphic warning (reminder for next time!) At the end of the day, as traumatic as it was for my gf at the time, she survived and went on to willingly have another baby! The pain of labour is soon forgotten when your holding your baby and plenty of births progress well with no complications (we only really hear the horror stories don't we! No one wants to hear about the perfect 3 hour painless labour!)

I think this is a great place to talk controversial topics as long as everyone respects the opinions of others and remains respectful in their comments it will stay nice, sometimes it is someone else's opinion or experience that can change your own view or give you a new perspective. BH is supposed to be a forum for support, and information and in my time as a member I have had excellent experiences and hope this groups continues with that trend!

Re: Labour, can I say "I think" people put too much emphasis on it (it is literally up to a day or so out of the rest of your life with your child!) and having experienced it once, think it pays to be informed, but not obsess over what may or may not happen (you will be in very good hands!) it is so far away for me, the only reason I have even thought about it this time is because I am going for an elective c-section and I have had to plan dates with family etc to watch my daughter :-)

Happy pregnancy everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it really matters how the bub gets out, as long as it's healthy.

I had a vag delivery with DD (induced on my due date), only gas for pain relief and it was an amazing experience. I am hoping not to need an induction this time.

Personally, I would never elect for a CS or epidural. I'm a bit of a sook & they both terrify me! But, each to their own, have plenty of friends that have elected a CS or epidural and they have all been happy with their choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Het I'm gona step in here re the elective LUSCs topic ( caesarean section). I really do disagree with you guys.its ok to ask for an elective LUsCS. Why are you judging others choices? I had an elective LUSCS for my DD and happy with my choice, as are those women who choose the natural way and have a water birth or opt for no epidural. We all make choices for various reasons and shouldn't be criticized or judged I don't think it's ludicrous at all.
    I work within the medical profession and I see every day the disasterous consequences of labour. Rectal tears so severe women have to wear incontinence pants for the rest of their lives, bladder dysfunction you have to self catherterise, severe hemorrhage from vaginal tears. And the worst ones is where women choose to go to the home birthing units and the midwives are so stubborn they don't recognize that mum and baby are in danger and the women come to hospital with dead babies or so deprived of oxygen they are handicapped. Sorry to put some reality into the thread but hey labour is dangerous and doesn't always end in a happy mum and baby. That's why some choose for elective LUSCS as I did. I personally don't want to tear my undercarriage to shreds and be unable to pass urine or pee for the rest of my life. But hey that's my choice based in what I've seen and dealt with. I commend you who choose the vaginal delivery option but please don't pass judgement on those of us who choose a different option so long as it comes out healthy does it really matter?
    Sorry if anyone thought I was judging re: elective c-sections, certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't have a problem with anyone who chooses to have a c-section but its a decision I personally couldn't make. Just can't handle the whole cutting thing. :what: if I need one obviously it will be a different ballgame for me though.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I had a c-section at 38 weeks with my twins. Abbey was 7.3 pounds and Foster was 8 pounds. So much for ivf babies being small. My ob was also my ivf doctor. He said once you reach 12 weeks, you are just the same as any other pregnant women. I would expect to be treated the same. I had extra scans and appointment, but that was only because there was twins. I had a c-section because my doctor thought it was best. I trusted him, all went fine. This time around l had a choice. I am having another c-section. I know what to expect. At the end of the day as all as we all want is heathy bubs.
    Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    they are basically a cloth version of a disposable. You can get them with studs or velcro and I add a flushable liner (to catch poops!)
    they have the built in liners and you can add or take out what you don't need.
    the difference is you don't have to worry about folding them and leakage and pins etc. I find them as easy as disposables and it only takes an extra 5 mins a day to use cloth (thats on average)
    I wash every second day (put them on at night and in the dryer or sun to dry in the morning. If you have a routine its so easy.
    I highly recommend them and if you want any more info, let me know. I don't sell them, but I could
    I swore i couldn't use them before i had DS. They grossed me out a bit!
    but he had horrid nappy rash. no disposable or cream helped so i tried MCN's. it cleared in 2 days! He has been in them since he was 6 months old. I still use disposables at night cause he is a heavy wetter. I also have disposables in my nappy bag and when we travel cause the MCN's are bulky.

hope that helped
    sorry for the essay
    Thanks adden, I must say it is the gross out factor that has put me off them too! I didn't know they came with disposable liners though - does that help make it less messy??

I would love some more info on them if you don't mind? Which ones would you recommend, are some better than others?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Gampa - My intention was not to offend I am sorry that I have offended you. I understand there are complications with natural birth and csect is the only option.
    I have had a number of friends who have had emergency csect and unable to move for days carry there baby due to extreme pain. And I have had friends have natural get straight up off the bed and hop in the shower.
    I have never had a child before and may be extremely naive to the seriousness of labour. But when I have friends who can have babies naturally and chose not to as they dont want their vagina to be different due to vanity? as a result they cant drive for weeks have to be waited on hand and foot and have their other small children cared for by friends and family it makes me wonder why they would put their body through such a full on surgery??
    I am certain there are just as many complications with having csect also.
    I dont like the idea of home birthing units either as I have heard of complications with that also. Not to offend anyone!

Once again I apologise for offending you and you are correct in saying the main goal is to get baby out in the safest healthiest manner.

Hey no stress, not offended. It's a shame your friends had such a rough time with their c sections. When I had mine I was up the next day! I guess each of us have different pain tolerances. I look at it: if you have 15 hurs of painful labour before bubs is out OR yu can have 15 hours of pain in your belly after bubs is out!! Either way getting it out is painful!! I made my choice as i was terrified and still am of being incontinent - it would ruin my career and my life! Thats why i chose a LUSCS , i didnt choose it as i was "too posh to push" or worried about my vagina!!

Youre right though I couldn't drive for 5 weeks but didn't find that a problem as you are soexhausted breast feeding, up all night, getting used to a new baby in the house I didntgoanywhere that wasn't within walking distance anyway!!! this time may be different as I now have a DD and I think I'll need to get driving a lot earlier and it willbemoredifficult as I will have to share time between 2 children . having your first is very special time, but it is a life adjustment and hard work!! When you see mums at cAfes with their babies asleep in the pram sipping lattes! That's Not reality! There were some days I didn't get a chance to get out of my pj's til 3pm! This time I have a DD and I'm a little scared how I going to manage 2, but having said that there are thousands of mums out there who have 3 kids and cope.....

Either way so long as baby is healthy that's all that matters! xx