Closed Thread
Page 95 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Welcome Crafty! Good to see you here

I heard the opposite with DS.. I heard that when you are pregnant its a 'normal' pregnancy! I have never heard that we are high risk! that is crazy to me!
    I see my OB tomorrow, I'm definitely going to ask him and see what he says!
    I was high risk cause I had Gestational Diabetes and was very closely monitored. not cause it was IVF!!!!!!!!

is anyone else itchy???
    My back, arms, legs are sooooo itchy like I have eczema or something!

My last bt from HFC came back today - HCG is sitting on 106,550.. so they are happy with that (as am I!!!!)
    Nice numbers adden - huge : )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

adden  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Dragonfly - I am totally off coffee, I used to run my poor nespresso machine into the ground but I haven't had a cup or even wanted a cup for months.

I am itchy aswell, mostly my tummy, and one annoying spot on my back that I can't reach. I can feel my uterus now when I lay down and feel my lower stomach, it's cool and weird all at the same time.

Meshell - I can't imagine actually asking for a c-section. If it needs to be done to get bubs out then so be it, or if it's recommended due to other potential medical complications. I coudn't comprehend wanting to have my stomach cut from one side to the other. Certainly doesn't float my boat.
    Agreed - I would only go for a c-section if it was absolutely necessary...

I am trying to work out whether I can feel my uterus or not - sometimes when I bend over I feel a little like tug down there and something there - is that it?? LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    as far as itchiness goes ever since my EPU I've had a really random occasional itchy nose!! weird!! Also having HEAPS of nose bleeds...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Flat cloth nappies, modern cloth nappies or disposables? I use a MCN's with DS.. so probably disposables for the first week or so then MCN's.
    SAHM or going back to work? SAHM.. already am!
    Days until you can finish work to go on maternity leave? yeah, I don't get time off from DS.. hee hee
    Public or Private or Homebirth? Private OB and hospital
    Do or will you have a 'birth plan'? epidural - had one last time but it didn't work, praying it does this time!!!!!!
    Capsule or convertible carseat? capsule - its a lifesaver for sure!
    Bottle or boob? Boob.. but had probs with DS. BF him for 7 agonising months. praying this time is easier!
    Can I ask exactly how the modern cloth nappies work? How different are they to normal cloth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep itchy here aswell! Drives me nuts!! And nose bleeds too...

Welcome Crafty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Can I ask exactly how the modern cloth nappies work? How different are they to normal cloth?
    they are basically a cloth version of a disposable. You can get them with studs or velcro and I add a flushable liner (to catch poops!)
    they have the built in liners and you can add or take out what you don't need.
    the difference is you don't have to worry about folding them and leakage and pins etc. I find them as easy as disposables and it only takes an extra 5 mins a day to use cloth (thats on average)
    I wash every second day (put them on at night and in the dryer or sun to dry in the morning. If you have a routine its so easy.
    I highly recommend them and if you want any more info, let me know. I don't sell them, but I could
    I swore i couldn't use them before i had DS. They grossed me out a bit!
    but he had horrid nappy rash. no disposable or cream helped so i tried MCN's. it cleared in 2 days! He has been in them since he was 6 months old. I still use disposables at night cause he is a heavy wetter. I also have disposables in my nappy bag and when we travel cause the MCN's are bulky.

hope that helped
    sorry for the essay

Thanks
    Reviews
    and this is why i don't use disposables (I'm not preaching here.. but my son is really allergic to what ever is in them!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...hters-leg.html

Oh, Im the only one of my friends that use MCN's, i don't judge anyone that uses disposables, these are my views from my experience and thats all
    I actually get judged quite a bit and people find it weird that i use cloth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    iM ITCHY!! LIKE EVERYWHERE. I use heaps of moisturiser apparently skin gets itchy when it stretches plus winter skin is dry so prob more itchy. High risk baby my back side. Cos sperm had to get injected into my eggs I am high risk.. I will speak to midwife on that one. As for small babies the sonographer at the fetal medicine unit told me IVF babies are larger. I went for my NT at 11 week 6 days or 11 4 dependent on whether you class day 1 of cycle as day I naturally got my period or day I started injections which was 2 days after period. There is a discrepancy with the date if you ask me. The sonographer told me I should be ok as IVf babies are normally large and she said mine was definitely on the larger side it was 5.3cm. I will get second opinion on the large baby thing.

Also I know heaps of IVF women who have just chose to have csect as they think its a more controlled environment less chance of complications I think that is ludicrous
    Het I'm gona step in here re the elective LUSCs topic ( caesarean section). I really do disagree with you guys.its ok to ask for an elective LUsCS. Why are you judging others choices? I had an elective LUSCS for my DD and happy with my choice, as are those women who choose the natural way and have a water birth or opt for no epidural. We all make choices for various reasons and shouldn't be criticized or judged I don't think it's ludicrous at all.
    I work within the medical profession and I see every day the disasterous consequences of labour. Rectal tears so severe women have to wear incontinence pants for the rest of their lives, bladder dysfunction you have to self catherterise, severe hemorrhage from vaginal tears. And the worst ones is where women choose to go to the home birthing units and the midwives are so stubborn they don't recognize that mum and baby are in danger and the women come to hospital with dead babies or so deprived of oxygen they are handicapped. Sorry to put some reality into the thread but hey labour is dangerous and doesn't always end in a happy mum and baby. That's why some choose for elective LUSCS as I did. I personally don't want to tear my undercarriage to shreds and be unable to pass urine or pee for the rest of my life. But hey that's my choice based in what I've seen and dealt with. I commend you who choose the vaginal delivery option but please don't pass judgement on those of us who choose a different option so long as it comes out healthy does it really matter?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome crafty, and congratulations on your BFP!!

Hi to everyone else, I am in the same boat, itchy, bleeding nose and still nauseous! Had a puke in the garden carpark at the day care centre this morning, people just looked at me like I was some sort of wierdo (or like I was a bad mother and hungover or something)...

RE: IVF babies being bigger - I have no idea, but I was measuring 5 days over my dates at my 12 week US! It'll be interesting to see how big this baby is born (at a week early) given my first daugtehr was only 6lb 10oz.

RE: the c-section comment, I think it is a bit like breastfeeding, each to their own, whatever gets baby here safely - I can imagine if you spend years trying to get pregnant, you might want the quickest, and "safest" way for bub to arrive. The thoughts of cord wrapped around neck, baby getting stuck, in distress etc can be scary. My G/F's first son was born with shoulder displacia, tore her from a**hole to breakfast - 4th degree tear, over 100 stitches and a blood transfusion - hence with number 2 (don't ask me why she thought about another baby!) she elected for a c-section! I am really glad we have a choice these days. I will be electing to have a c-section this time around. I would have died during my last labour had the procedure not been available so I am personally grateful for private health and wonderfully trained OB's and midwives!

Oh, I so wish I was bored at work today, but my workplace doesn't stop to take a breath! So I am at home to answer the Q's )

Flat cloth nappies, modern cloth nappies or disposables? Disposables
    SAHM or going back to work? Back to work after 1 year
    Days until you can finish work to go on maternity leave? ?? Not sure )
    Public or Private or Homebirth? Private OB and hospital for 5 days post c-section!
    Do or will you have a 'birth plan'? Not this time )
    Capsule or convertible carseat? Capsule
    Bottle or boob? Breast - was difficult with #1 but perservered and successfully fed for 10 months!

Look foward to checking in! Hope everyone is feeling good.

PPS: Bought a couple of Maternity dresses from Angel Maternity online. They arrived today so will be wearing them soon!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Het I'm gona step in here re the elective LUSCs topic ( caesarean section). I really do disagree with you guys.its ok to ask for an elective LUsCS. Why are you judging others choices? I had an elective LUSCS for my DD and happy with my choice, as are those women who choose the natural way and have a water birth or opt for no epidural. We all make choices for various reasons and shouldn't be criticized or judged I don't think it's ludicrous at all.
    I work within the medical profession and I see every day the disasterous consequences of labour. Rectal tears so severe women have to wear incontinence pants for the rest of their lives, bladder dysfunction you have to self catherterise, severe hemorrhage from vaginal tears. And the worst ones is where women choose to go to the home birthing units and the midwives are so stubborn they don't recognize that mum and baby are in danger and the women come to hospital with dead babies or so deprived of oxygen they are handicapped. Sorry to put some reality into the thread but hey labour is dangerous and doesn't always end in a happy mum and baby. That's why some choose for elective LUSCS as I did. I personally don't want to tear my undercarriage to shreds and be unable to pass urine or pee for the rest of my life. But hey that's my choice based in what I've seen and dealt with. I commend you who choose the vaginal delivery option but please don't pass judgement on those of us who choose a different option so long as it comes out healthy does it really matter?
    I'm with you Gampa! Just finished writing my own post about various things including c-sections!! Choice is power and each to their own - you do what is right for you and your baby!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (30-07-2012)