Closed Thread
Page 94 of 150 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI CRAFTY45.

Welcome to the jungle and congratulations on your BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Grebbeci!

kmvw - I had only heard the same story on the weekend from someone who was told the same thing. I don't understand why we are "high risk" either?? I agree in that it just depends on the dr/clinic but still, doesn't help you in this case does it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Crafty! Good to see you here

I heard the opposite with DS.. I heard that when you are pregnant its a 'normal' pregnancy! I have never heard that we are high risk! that is crazy to me!
    I see my OB tomorrow, I'm definitely going to ask him and see what he says!
    I was high risk cause I had Gestational Diabetes and was very closely monitored. not cause it was IVF!!!!!!!!

is anyone else itchy???
    My back, arms, legs are sooooo itchy like I have eczema or something!

My last bt from HFC came back today - HCG is sitting on 106,550.. so they are happy with that (as am I!!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome crafty. Hope the next two weeks fly for you.

I had been told about ivf babies being smaller but not inducing early. Ds was just over 7 pound so pretty spot on I reckon.

Has anyone else gone off coffee? My mum did for me and not my brother so I'm hoping its a sign

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

Razzy Bear  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragonfly - I am totally off coffee, I used to run my poor nespresso machine into the ground but I haven't had a cup or even wanted a cup for months.

I am itchy aswell, mostly my tummy, and one annoying spot on my back that I can't reach. I can feel my uterus now when I lay down and feel my lower stomach, it's cool and weird all at the same time.

Meshell - I can't imagine actually asking for a c-section. If it needs to be done to get bubs out then so be it, or if it's recommended due to other potential medical complications. I coudn't comprehend wanting to have my stomach cut from one side to the other. Certainly doesn't float my boat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep.. I'm off coffee and my fav drink (which I'm glad i don't like the smell of now) red wine! I can't believe I can't even stand the smell of it!

yeah, going to ask about my skin.. its driving me CRAZY!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome aboard crafty.. hope it is a non eventful journey for you!

I have only heard that IVF babies are usually on the smaller size, our OB has always said that once we are confirmed pregnant it is just the same as a naturally conceived one. I would be very annoyed with that birthing centre!

I hate that itchy feeling in that one spot you can't reach!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I'm sitting here stewing, rather ****ed off actually. I toured a few maternity units over the weekend and decided on the hospital. I have gone off the idea of an obstetrician mainly due to the fact I viewed a family birthing centre on Saturday and warmed to idea of a waterbirth with just midwives if you get into trouble they have obstetrician s who then take over.

So I telephoned to book in, everything was running smoothly until they asked "it isn't an Ivf baby is it"? Yes, why? Oh they are not natural babies wtf! Apparently we are all high risk! My doctor never told me I was high risk. So I bit my tongue, but I'm so annoyed
    Say whhaaatttt??? That's unusual I was under the impression that after the first 12 weeks or whatever that IVF pregnancies are no different to natural pregnancies. Hmmm - I would definitely get a second opinion on that one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I actually feel a little discriminated against, I have no health issues and I'm still fairly young. So yes annoyed I cannot give birth in a more natural environment.

One of the reasons was they tell me ivf babies are small and need intervention. That's not what the research suggests with frozen transfers, I'm actually dreading having a monster baby as they are meant to be bigger babies and my dh was six weeks prem and weighed nearly 8lb... My poor vag
    6 weeks prem and still 8lb - wowza! My DH was a 10lb bub but I think he was full term....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Hi ladies,

I think I am ready to come and join you all in this thread! Still a bit apprehensive about doing so before the 12 week mark but am biting the bullet given how long I have been stalking in here for lol. I will be 10 weeks along this week and impatiently awaiting my 12 weeks scan like many others!
    Nice to see you in here Crafty - it's great that so many of you are coming across - the other thread seems to have died a bit - way more action in here