Closed Thread
Page 91 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why is it I feel hungover? I haven't had a drink in well over 3 months! All I did was go to be latter than I have been!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had that, just a constant hungover feeling for 3-4 weeks instead of ms. sleep sleep and more sleep for you

making my tea this morning and put in my sugar and stirred it in the vegemite

Thanks
    Reviews
    200% agree with you.... It breaks my heart when you hear of dogs being forgotten.. I work dogs and I hear this all the time. They are just shoved out the back, forgotten about and then I get them and they are in a bad way. It is very hard to bite my tongue with these owners as I don't have kids yet, but a comment or 2 always slips out.

Our dog is outdoors when no one is home, but inside when we are home. She sleeps in the garage as my fur baby is our cat who sleeps inside with us in bed. We wanted to make sure that the cat always stays the top dog so to speak as we have a breed that is very very strong willed and smart. Having said that, the dog is inside in the spare room at the moment as its soo cold! yes I am a softie!!

When bubs comes along, the only change we are having is the cat will have to sleep in the lounge room, especially when the bassinet is in the room. He will be able to have day naps still with us, as I don't want him to feel neglected at all. (dog usually sleeps on her bed on the floor in our room when I have a day nap with the cat). I will however be getting a net to go over the bassinet and also the cot as he is one for finding that spot that is high enough from the dog but still cosy. He isn't one to sleep with others apart from me, before I get those comments about smothering and all that. It is more for the hair on the babies sheets and things. He hates movement, so much so that when he stays at my MIL house, she is a restless sleeper so he never sleeps with her (much to her disappointment)

Meshell, your lucky you have a sharpei, I have resigned myself to alot of vacuuming but I love my pets sooo much that it will just be done...

We are also going to act as though the baby is here from about 7 months with sounds and the cat not always being able to get to me when he wants so that it isn't a huge shock when we get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally same here! My Staffy, Raven thinks she is people too!!

My hubby works away so when he is away Raven sleeps on his side of the bed when he is gone... Towards end the end I will get her to start sleeping in her bed in our room but reckon I'll have more luck when the weather is hotter!

It will be interesting to see how she goes with not being on my lap as much when bub comes, but I'm sure she'll adjust, DH might become the favorite, she is his dog so that would make sense! But for now she is a big Mummies girl!! Such a sook!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the criteria for my pram is whether my 16 yr old silky can fit in the basket underneath!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Greb do you think your pets will be jealous of the baby? My partner and I rescued a yr and a half, pure bred cocker spaniel about 6 months ago and he is very attached and jealous if we pat other dogs. We can't leave him alone at night he just cries and cries and if we Leave him in the house he freaksout because he can't find us and wees and poos everywhere out of nervousness. High maintenance!!!!!! Anyway if we sit on the floor and play with baby nephew he gets anxious and tries to sit onyour lap. Don't get me wrong he lives kids let's them pull his tale and all that no dramas but different story when we are cuddling bub and worried how he willbe he hasn't tried to bite or snap at them yetbut he does with other dogs when I cuddle them or sit them on my lap especially my mums dogs :s
    I don't think they will be jealous as such. They do both think they are humans (and the cat does too) but we will try and make sure that they are involved as much as possible too. They will learn pretty early that the baby is higher in the pack then they are. One of the reasons we want the playpen is so that they can get really close and curious without bowling them over. The cat may get a little jealous. We have bought a canopy to go over the cot so that the cat can't jump in there and sleep on it or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Why is it I feel hungover? I haven't had a drink in well over 3 months! All I did was go to be latter than I have been!!
    I think the answer to your question is, because you are pregnant.
    I still feel hungover all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by khutch View Post
    Congrats Gampa! Now you can really start to enjoy things! x

I have to wait till my OB appt on 15/8 to find out my risk (combined with the blood test) had 2 NT scans last week - NF of about 1.6mm so I think that's a good sign to start with!?

I have been looking at furniture too, what was the pram someone mentioned? I want one with a baby capsule attachment as I will have to do the school drop off each day and it seems easier?

So glad that your scan went well.
    We've just ordered an iCandy apple. It is compatible with the safe'n'sound unity capsule which is the only capsule that can fit them until 12kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    We have bought a canopy to go over the cot so that the cat can't jump in there and sleep on it or anything.
    May I ask where you got the canopy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta, that is so cute. I had a silky. She lived to the age of 20 years. Beautiful fur kid. Kel