Closed Thread
Page 88 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah we wanna get a bumbo.

Need a high highchair so that bub can sit with me when I am in the kitchen etc and the dogs and cat don't harrass them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was just thinking about all the stuff we will be getting from SIL and now I'm really excited - WHAT IS UP WITH THESE HORMONES AND MOOD SWINGS? LOL!!!!!

Hey Nala - I think it was you (forgive me if it wasn't) - what was that awesome baby thread you subscribed to ages ago all about baby stuff etc etc....once I hit my 12 weeks I think I'll subscribe to that as it seemed to be very helpful xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Yeah we wanna get a bumbo.

Need a high highchair so that bub can sit with me when I am in the kitchen etc and the dogs and cat don't harrass them.
    I don't know how we are going to go with our dogs - we have 2 staffies and one is a bulldozer but only in a playful way and the other is a gentle giant!! The playpen is a great way to introduce them which I hadn't thought of before - although I don't know how much I want the dogs in the house when baby comes as we have wooden floor boards and hair just gets everywhere - what are everyone else's thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greb do you think your pets will be jealous of the baby? My partner and I rescued a yr and a half, pure bred cocker spaniel about 6 months ago and he is very attached and jealous if we pat other dogs. We can't leave him alone at night he just cries and cries and if we Leave him in the house he freaksout because he can't find us and wees and poos everywhere out of nervousness. High maintenance!!!!!! Anyway if we sit on the floor and play with baby nephew he gets anxious and tries to sit onyour lap. Don't get me wrong he lives kids let's them pull his tale and all that no dramas but different story when we are cuddling bub and worried how he willbe he hasn't tried to bite or snap at them yetbut he does with other dogs when I cuddle them or sit them on my lap especially my mums dogs :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Greb do you think your pets will be jealous of the baby? My partner and I rescued a yr and a half, pure bred cocker spaniel about 6 months ago and he is very attached and jealous if we pat other dogs. We can't leave him alone at night he just cries and cries and if we Leave him in the house he freaksout because he can't find us and wees and poos everywhere out of nervousness. High maintenance!!!!!! Anyway if we sit on the floor and play with baby nephew he gets anxious and tries to sit onyour lap. Don't get me wrong he lives kids let's them pull his tale and all that no dramas but different story when we are cuddling bub and worried how he willbe he hasn't tried to bite or snap at them yetbut he does with other dogs when I cuddle them or sit them on my lap especially my mums dogs :s
    I have concerns about the jealousy thing too - more so with DH as my two dogs LOOOVVVEEE him and get jealous of each other getting pats from him!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    FYI just googled bumbos and they are $90 and can be used from 3 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I don't know how we are going to go with our dogs - we have 2 staffies and one is a bulldozer but only in a playful way and the other is a gentle giant!! The playpen is a great way to introduce them which I hadn't thought of before - although I don't know how much I want the dogs in the house when baby comes as we have wooden floor boards and hair just gets everywhere - what are everyone else's thoughts?
    We have a labrador, who is a barge ***, and a golden retriever who is a book sook. Certainly feel your pain with the timber floors 'cause we have them too, we get 'tumble-fur' through the house. Ours will still be inside when bubs comes, can't kick them out now, it's there house too. I guess I will just get into the habit of vacuuming everyday.... or buy one of those roomba vacuums that just sort of cruises around the house and vacuums away.

The valco playpen is what we are getting cause we find it doesn't feel as 'cagey' as some of the others.

http://mybabywarehouse.com.au/index....ilver-red.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    It's good fun when you get to choose things yourself regardless of where it came from. My partners parents are buying the secondhand stuff especially for us before even asking if we want it or need off people they don't know.
    How does your partner feel about it?

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I dont mind if people buy me thigs I actually want I dont have a massive house and I hate clutter and crap so i have a rather strict list of what I want brands and stuff. I will most definitely use the safety comment regarding second hand. My inlaws know I do not like second hand. Our house we built new and I literally purchased all furniture and decor brand new to match my house I am a bit anal with that stuff. I was going to get a second hand nursing chair or a cool antiquey rocking chair if I can find one.

I like those Bumbo seat things I to feed baby when its big enough to sit up. My friend takes her everywhere with her so she can just pop bub on bench or table and feed him without him trying to escape.
    We used ours in the shower. D's wasn't a fan of baths and loved the shower so it was go to put him in while we washed ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    FYI just googled bumbos and they are $90 and can be used from 3 months old
    Keep a look out for baby sales ( target and babiesrus do them every now and then, think I paid about $60 and that was with the table.

Might also be an idea to wait and see what your bubs are like. We loved ours but my friend baby girl had really rolly legs and wouldn't fit into it.