Closed Thread
Page 87 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    45 minutes for your keys you poor thing! I haven't (touch wood) had any 'moments' as such but my hormones are really getting wild! I was so upset yesterday and was crying whilst I was making dinner....it was all over a silly conversation I had with DH about baby stuff. I am in the mindset that I want everything brand new but I know that we have so many friends with bubs and my SIL has heaps in storage and we have no money so I shouldn't complain - I just want the best!! Grrrr!!! How do I get over being so greedy and just accept what we get given and be happy with it???? I am still adament that I want a brand new pram though but this I think I will have to work pretty hard on - any tips????? lol!

Thanks for the pram info - I'm not keen on a 3 wheeler as much although I like the idea with the iCandy that you change interchange it from 3 to 4 wheels...
    I'm the same fair enough if you cant afford new things second hand is the next best thing but I feel that I want the best for my child plus it takes the fun out of choosing what you want. My partners family bought us all this secondhand stuff which really annoyed me I don't mean to sound ungrateful I was 9 weeks when they bought it all and it's not just a couple of things a whole cot set with mobile and cot trimmings and mat, auto swinger, 8 garbage bags of boys and girls clothes, shoes, sheets, wraps, baby bjorn sling and carrier, breast pump, bottle sterilizer with a heap of bottles, heaps of toys, booster seat, baby bath, swing, clothes hangers, lamp. It was a nice gesture but I would have liked to have a choice being my first baby and all plus I don't have any storage in my house for this stuff because if I have a boy I have to keep all the girls stuff according to my partner out of respect. I was really looking forward to choosing out bubs clothes but I won't have to buy anything till they turn 2 it's funny how people get excited and jump the gun without asking you what you actually want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    I'm the same fair enough if you cant afford new things second hand is the next best thing but I feel that I want the best for my child plus it takes the fun out of choosing what you want. My partners family bought us all this secondhand stuff which really annoyed me I don't mean to sound ungrateful I was 9 weeks when they bought it all and it's not just a couple of things a whole cot set with mobile and cot trimmings and mat, auto swinger, 8 garbage bags of boys and girls clothes, shoes, sheets, wraps, baby bjorn sling and carrier, breast pump, bottle sterilizer with a heap of bottles, heaps of toys, booster seat, baby bath, swing, clothes hangers, lamp. It was a nice gesture but I would have liked to have a choice being my first baby and all plus I don't have any storage in my house for this stuff because if I have a boy I have to keep all the girls stuff according to my partner out of respect. I was really looking forward to choosing out bubs clothes but I won't have to buy anything till they turn 2 it's funny how people get excited and jump the gun without asking you what you actually want.
    Damn, that's a lot of stuff. I'm pretty sure that keeping it in the roof space is still keeping it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    My DH just told me on the phone that he spoke to my SIL and she has pretty much everything - for sure we are so grateful but I guess I always had that excitement of choosing my own things. I think my DH said something to her and she did make a good point that babies grow so quickly and we can use our money to buy a beautiful bedroom suit and nice things when it grows up out of cot stage etc...my head is slowly coming around...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Damn, that's a lot of stuff. I'm pretty sure that keeping it in the roof space is still keeping it.
    Hahaha you haven't seen my house the roof *shudder* last time someone was in there (an electrician) there was the biggest snake he had ever seen!!! Thank goodness it was dead we were wondering what the funny smell was when we turned on the venting. The house is 100 yrs old and falling apart lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    My DH just told me on the phone that he spoke to my SIL and she has pretty much everything - for sure we are so grateful but I guess I always had that excitement of choosing my own things. I think my DH said something to her and she did make a good point that babies grow so quickly and we can use our money to buy a beautiful bedroom suit and nice things when it grows up out of cot stage etc...my head is slowly coming around...
    Oh I'm sure by the time our babies are big someone will pass on all their junk lmao

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Awwww Geeez

This is why I jumped the gun and purchased stuff early. Bedroom setting pram and so forth because they have such different taste to me.
    I dont mean to sound ungrateful but they are cheap cheap cheap.

My sister in law buys somethig for us practically every day she is 32 and her and her son live with her parents I feel like saying why dont you get yourself a house I dont need her to buy stuff for me.
    Though I must admit I have been trying to wok out whether I should buy a basinette to have in my room when baby is small. just one of those white material kind of ones they normally range between $100 to $200 but baby would only require for a couple of months. Anyway I turned up at in laws house and they bought me one therefore I dont have to. It was the one I wanted as whenever I talk to them about stuf I am very precise as to what shops I saw it at how much and blah blah. They bought me cloth nappies as I said I would like them as spew rags ad when baby is at home and white bonds onesies ad singlets ad stuff. So at least now they are buying me stuf that I will use frequently.
    Hahaha aren't you lucky!!!! I've told mil something's I liked when looking at a store together and she was like oh I will buy you that there is one secondhand for $40 I replied with oh no I don't want a secondhand because you dont know about safety standards and it's something you can't mess with and you know what she did!!!! She rolled her eyes at me!!!!!!! I just feel my partners family think this is their baby!!!!! I really didn't want a bassinet because I wanted baby to get used to sleeping in their room from day 1 our room is right next door and my houses walks are so thin like seriously oh and not a single closing door in the house where it's needed well the only door we had on a bedroom I *accidentally* put my knee thru it out of anger lol I really didn't think it would be so thin lol. But we got a bassinet second hand given to us so partner wants baby in our room lol. I don't know about that lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of the stuff we have for our nursery is second hand but we still chose it.

We picked up a beautiful Boori cot and inner spring mattress off a friend for $75 a couple of years back. DH's cousin is giving us her boori change table, which suits us because we couldn't be bothered actually buying one so the only way we would have one would be if someone gave it to us. The we have 2 slimline bookcases and a low open cabinetty thing that used to be in the lounge room but we have painted them up to go in the nursery.

The new things we will get are a high wingback chair for the corner, new pram, new car seat, new high chair and a playpen (being used so that bub can get to know our 2 boofhead dogs without them necessarily being able to bowl them over.

We have declined the offer of some things like clothes and prams and things because we have waited so long to have this moment that we really want to be able to choose what we would like. Thankfully everyone has been really understanding of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's good fun when you get to choose things yourself regardless of where it came from. My partners parents are buying the secondhand stuff especially for us before even asking if we want it or need off people they don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Them lol soft plastic chairs? Yeah they are awesome!!!!! They are even good for tiny ones to sit because it supports their back well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I dont mind if people buy me thigs I actually want I dont have a massive house and I hate clutter and crap so i have a rather strict list of what I want brands and stuff. I will most definitely use the safety comment regarding second hand. My inlaws know I do not like second hand. Our house we built new and I literally purchased all furniture and decor brand new to match my house I am a bit anal with that stuff. I was going to get a second hand nursing chair or a cool antiquey rocking chair if I can find one.

I like those Bumbo seat things I to feed baby when its big enough to sit up. My friend takes her everywhere with her so she can just pop bub on bench or table and feed him without him trying to escape.
    those bumbo chairs are sooo cool I know a couple of mums who have used them and LOVE them for sure it's on my list