Closed Thread
Page 85 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a really bad baby brain today.. I spoke to someone at work on the phone thinking it was someone else altogether with the same name.. Turns out I was speaking to our client! Not cool, I said quite a lot of stuff that is in house info.. & a few weeks ago I sent an SMS to the wrong person at work about terminating their employment. The quicker I leave work the better, I am becoming a liability!

I went to pregnant women's health classes tonight at my birthing hospital, another show bag! Everyone was 12-16 weeks and I had the most obvious baby bump, I'm starting to wonder what's going on, it's really sticking out front like a beach ball!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, try not to stress about not showing. I have a friend that looked no more than 4 months pregnant the morning of her c-section. She had a healthy baby girl. I am just over 16 weeks and look about 7 months. Think that is because l got so big and streched when I was pregnant with my twins. I remember being no more than 6 months and people would stop me in the street and say, you must be having more than one. The pram that l loved with my twins was a mountain buggy urban elite. I just loved it. Went shopping to look at prams on Sunday. Ordered a city mini GT. Looks great. Plus ordered a boori chest of draws. Don't need to buy anything else as my twins are boy and girl so l have everything. Had to go bra shopping. Went from a D to a E. Crazy. Look like l have had implants. I started wearing Maternity clothing this week. Everything was so tight. I think wear maternity clothing when you need to. Taking about about baby brain, when l went bra shopping. I got back to my car and climbed in the passenger seat. Would have been ok if l was with some else. Glad everyone is going so well.
    Take care Kel
    Last edited by kell72; 27-07-2012 at 01:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    I soo wish. We don't need anything as we have it all already :P.

Maybe I could "accidentally" break some stuff?????
    Yes! Do it! Or try and get a nice new nappy bag and hot mama clothes lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Hey I got a question...... If I had a known donor I would have to have his sperm screened and was told I could be waiting up to a yr for this earliest 6 months but did your partners have to do this and if not why do u think that is?
    That seems like a long time; they must have different protocol for donors I guess? I'm sorry I don't know anything about donors...I know my DH had his sperm tested - not sure if this is the same as screened and only took a couple of weeks for results...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    first pregnancy moment..
    I was looking for my keys - for 45 minutes!
    I was freaking out that I had left them in the front door and someone had stolen them!!! I even called DH in Singapore so he could talk me through it all! I was in tears and stressed cause I'm home alone and couldn't find them
    turns out they had fallen down the back of a couch we don't use! I must have thrown them down when i walked in the door!
    was 30 mins late to pick up DS from day care
    oops!

Broom - I'm not sure about donor sperm. DH had to have everything tested but it didn't take 6 months - more like 3-6 weeks.

I haven't bought anything yet.. I didn't with DS until I was about 20 weeks. Will have to order the second seat to my city select pram though.. I know it takes a while to order them in.
    I have an awesome baby jogger city mini too (one we keep in the car) if you want a good 3 wheeler, totally recommend them - actually, any baby jogger is a great pram and a little cheaper than the bigger names.
    If you want to fit through shopping lines easily, don't get a strider. my friend got one and sold it cause she hated it.. too wide at the back wheel base.
    I have heard ICandy are great too.
    Love my city select, can almost fit a whole weeks grocery in the basket!
    45 minutes for your keys you poor thing! I haven't (touch wood) had any 'moments' as such but my hormones are really getting wild! I was so upset yesterday and was crying whilst I was making dinner....it was all over a silly conversation I had with DH about baby stuff. I am in the mindset that I want everything brand new but I know that we have so many friends with bubs and my SIL has heaps in storage and we have no money so I shouldn't complain - I just want the best!! Grrrr!!! How do I get over being so greedy and just accept what we get given and be happy with it???? I am still adament that I want a brand new pram though but this I think I will have to work pretty hard on - any tips????? lol!

Thanks for the pram info - I'm not keen on a 3 wheeler as much although I like the idea with the iCandy that you change interchange it from 3 to 4 wheels...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Hey I got a question...... If I had a known donor I would have to have his sperm screened and was told I could be waiting up to a yr for this earliest 6 months but did your partners have to do this and if not why do u think that is?
    The longest test we had on DH's sperm took about 3-4 months to come back. That was for the full genetic workup to make sure he had no dodgy sperm killing genes to pass on to any future offspring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    man this thread is moving! I was out yesterday with another migraine. I swear I feel so bad taking some pain killers but I guess at least I have the midwifes approval for them.

You guys are funny re the shopping and not looking preggers. My DH and I where just up at mothercare and saying exactly the same thing. DH says "I feel weird coming in here with all the other women looking so big... stick your tummy out more! it looks bigger after you eat"

Our ob is $3000 which we thought was pretty cheap for sydney. Luckily our OB was our IVF Doc so we are really pleased that he gets to see the end of this journey.

I love all the names that where a few pages back can wait till we have little bubbas to match them!!
    Sorry to hear you had another migraine day : ( Hope you are feeling better today? How funny is your DH 'stick out your tummy more' Our OB is our IVF doc too so it is very special that he will be with us for the whole journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Tmi warning...

So I'm thinking I've nearly become a nun! I'm talking about sex of course or lack of... At around 5 weeks I cramped badly for ten minutes after sex (orgasm). I told my FS about this and she said don't rock the boat, so I assume she meant until 12 weeks.

Has anyone else been told to abstain whilst pg? Are you frightened to rock the boat as well? I'm not sure even after 12 weeks I could do it after being told it could be harmful
    I have totally become a nun even though I haven't been told to abstain - I'll probably get back into it after 13 or 14 weeks - seems like forever but I'm too scared!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Tmi warning...

So I'm thinking I've nearly become a nun! I'm talking about sex of course or lack of... At around 5 weeks I cramped badly for ten minutes after sex (orgasm). I told my FS about this and she said don't rock the boat, so I assume she meant until 12 weeks.

Has anyone else been told to abstain whilst pg? Are you frightened to rock the boat as well? I'm not sure even after 12 weeks I could do it after being told it could be harmful
    We DTD once or twice during the first 12 weeks, not intentionally so to speak just sort of got caught up in the moment. The cramps after orgasm aren't much fun though. I kept freaking out cause during the first 12 weeks or so I had a number of dreams where I woke up, shall we say rather satisfied which had never happened before I got PG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    Hi Girls, try not to stress about not showing. I have a friend that looked no more than 4 months pregnant the morning of her c-section. She had a healthy baby girl. I am just over 16 weeks and look about 7 months. Think that is because l got so big and streched when I was pregnant with my twins. I remember being no more than 6 months and people would stop me in the street and say, you must be having more than one. The pram that l loved with my twins was a mountain buggy urban elite. I just loved it. Went shopping to look at prams on Sunday. Ordered a city mini GT. Looks great. Plus ordered a boori chest of draws. Don't need to buy anything else as my twins are boy and girl so l have everything. Had to go bra shopping. Went from a D to a E. Crazy. Look like l have had implants. I started wearing Maternity clothing this week. Everything was so tight. I think wear maternity clothing when you need to. Taking about about baby brain, when l went bra shopping. I got back to my car and climbed in the passenger seat. Would have been ok if l was with some else. Glad everyone is going so well.
    Take care Kel
    LOL passenger seat xx