Closed Thread
Page 84 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    Crickey ladies . I'm only paying $750 for my OB.
    Well in that case you can spend $5000 on baby stuff without even blinking and write it off as drs fees hehe lucky you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Well in that case you can spend $5000 on baby stuff without even blinking and write it off as drs fees hehe lucky you xx

I soo wish. We don't need anything as we have it all already :P.

Maybe I could "accidentally" break some stuff?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    I soo wish. We don't need anything as we have it all already :P.

Maybe I could "accidentally" break some stuff?????

We have everything already too, although I'm buying a new cot mattress as there is evidence that using old mattresses or second hand ones increases risk of SIDS, so oil be purchasing that at 38 weeks no doubt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I just feel silly looking at furnuiture when I'm not showing... like I am some desperate woman hoping for babies, which I am but they don't need to think that! lol just me over thinking things as usual... my poor DH has to deal with alot!
    Ha that's hilarious! I'd think the very same.. My poor SIL went looking for prams when she was six months, still flat as a pancake and felt like a total fraud!
    What's going on with people's bumps? I'm 15 weeks and bump is super obvious, I feel too big! Worried someone is going to ask if the dates are correct! Little would they know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I got a question...... If I had a known donor I would have to have his sperm screened and was told I could be waiting up to a yr for this earliest 6 months but did your partners have to do this and if not why do u think that is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    first pregnancy moment..
    I was looking for my keys - for 45 minutes!
    I was freaking out that I had left them in the front door and someone had stolen them!!! I even called DH in Singapore so he could talk me through it all! I was in tears and stressed cause I'm home alone and couldn't find them
    turns out they had fallen down the back of a couch we don't use! I must have thrown them down when i walked in the door!
    was 30 mins late to pick up DS from day care
    oops!

Broom - I'm not sure about donor sperm. DH had to have everything tested but it didn't take 6 months - more like 3-6 weeks.

I haven't bought anything yet.. I didn't with DS until I was about 20 weeks. Will have to order the second seat to my city select pram though.. I know it takes a while to order them in.
    I have an awesome baby jogger city mini too (one we keep in the car) if you want a good 3 wheeler, totally recommend them - actually, any baby jogger is a great pram and a little cheaper than the bigger names.
    If you want to fit through shopping lines easily, don't get a strider. my friend got one and sold it cause she hated it.. too wide at the back wheel base.
    I have heard ICandy are great too.
    Love my city select, can almost fit a whole weeks grocery in the basket!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB charges a "management fee" of $1400. Appointments are $75 and delivery c/s or natural is no gap. I used the same OB for DD 7.5yrs ago & he was only $700 back then!

I love the hospital & care, but then again haven't had a bub in a public hospital so can't really compare it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    man this thread is moving! I was out yesterday with another migraine. I swear I feel so bad taking some pain killers but I guess at least I have the midwifes approval for them.

You guys are funny re the shopping and not looking preggers. My DH and I where just up at mothercare and saying exactly the same thing. DH says "I feel weird coming in here with all the other women looking so big... stick your tummy out more! it looks bigger after you eat"

Our ob is $3000 which we thought was pretty cheap for sydney. Luckily our OB was our IVF Doc so we are really pleased that he gets to see the end of this journey.

I love all the names that where a few pages back can wait till we have little bubbas to match them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tmi warning...

So I'm thinking I've nearly become a nun! I'm talking about sex of course or lack of... At around 5 weeks I cramped badly for ten minutes after sex (orgasm). I told my FS about this and she said don't rock the boat, so I assume she meant until 12 weeks.

Has anyone else been told to abstain whilst pg? Are you frightened to rock the boat as well? I'm not sure even after 12 weeks I could do it after being told it could be harmful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Tmi warning...

So I'm thinking I've nearly become a nun! I'm talking about sex of course or lack of... At around 5 weeks I cramped badly for ten minutes after sex (orgasm). I told my FS about this and she said don't rock the boat, so I assume she meant until 12 weeks.

Has anyone else been told to abstain whilst pg? Are you frightened to rock the boat as well? I'm not sure even after 12 weeks I could do it after being told it could be harmful
    In Chinese medicine, intercourse is not recommended until 12 weeks to reduce contractions in the uterus, same with certain food and drinks.. I followed the Chinese rule just incase as everything else he said helped me! No western research to support it tho..