Closed Thread
Page 83 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Oh wow and I'm having trouble convincing dh to go private and my OB is only $3500!
    I believe that you do get better care with a private OB...and if you have private health insurance your private hospital fees will be covered (with an excess)...only bad thing is that the dr can't GUARANTEE that he / she will be there for delivery....that really gets me as you get so far down the track with the one dr and then for them not to be at the birth would be devestating - but that's the risk I guess....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Speaking of strange looks I got them today when I went into baby shop to put money on my lay by this man kept looking at me well staring at me. His wife was huge but she didnt look that far. I mean I am 12 weeks now some women show at this point. I have my work jacket on so you cant see anything of me. I felt like lifting my shirt and saying here is this what you were looking for?
    Just think how uncomfortable she will be at the end, think you have the far better deal.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speaking of strange looks I got them today when I went into baby shop to put money on my lay by this man kept looking at me well staring at me. His wife was huge but she didnt look that far. I mean I am 12 weeks now some women show at this point. I have my work jacket on so you cant see anything of me. I felt like lifting my shirt and saying here is this what you were looking for?
    jealsous I say of your good looks and slim figure!!

He he

Im 12 weeks and starting showing at 8! Second baby though. Odd isn't it considering I hardly eat with the severe morning sickness but everyone has guessed at work, so I no longer have a surprise. I have huge bump already and I'm scared actually of how big I'll be this time in comparison to last time when I remained tiny....but it was still really hard at 37 weeks then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man, my OB's only $2280 and she is using the gap cover for the actual delivery so I guess I really can't complain.
    Back to my corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid $2000 last time but we are moving when I'll be just over 7 months so don't want to pay the big doc fee without even being with them for the birth. Have seriously noticed the difference in care ( I should say what care) in the public system . Still waiting for them to get back to me for our first appointment.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard with your second you show a little sooner I believe your body just knows the drill ad when to epand. At present baby is only 5.3cm so I cant justify having a belly just yet. but I guess its in a sack and there is fluid so its justified.

As for hospital, I am going public. I have ever dealt with public system before but considering how much I am spending on quality baby gear and I want a year off work at least plus we are going to an investment property in the whole scheme of things I dont really feel it necessary for me to spend all the money on private OB. But I tell you the moment the public system SH!T me off I will be going private I have my first midwife appointment on 21 August so we will see how that goes. Its not like they wont look after me if baby has a health issue. My bestfriend had her baby at 24 weeks gestation in the public system this little girl spent the first 12 months of her life in public hospital and they have been amazing she was in the childrens hospital. She is constantly back there having check ups and my friend cannot fault them. I guess that is how I have justified going public. lol Though I am still justifying in my head.
    That's fair enough to you and any other ladies that are going through public systems - they are all qualified drs at the end of the day and their best interest will always be you and bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    jealsous I say of your good looks and slim figure!!

He he

Im 12 weeks and starting showing at 8! Second baby though. Odd isn't it considering I hardly eat with the severe morning sickness but everyone has guessed at work, so I no longer have a surprise. I have huge bump already and I'm scared actually of how big I'll be this time in comparison to last time when I remained tiny....but it was still really hard at 37 weeks then.
    I started showing at 7 weeks and have been and will be in baggy tops and dresses for another 3 weeks before we tell people - it has mainly been bloat obviously but because I have put on weight in general it wouldnt be difficult for people to guess and I dont think there will be a surprised face when we tell hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB is $2500 and using Gap for delivery aswell... I thought that was bad... I will have to tell DH, he will be happy! He is a little sensible with money so will be happy to know that we are not paying that much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a little bit of a tummy, always have! I can make myself look 6 months pregnant if I want... I will remember to stick my stomach out when I am looking at baby stuff!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crickey ladies . I'm only paying $750 for my OB.